wheel build help

mtbhenry888
mtbhenry888 Posts: 287
edited March 2009 in Road general
II'm looking to build a new rear wheel for my single speed, I would like it to be on a fixed free hub so i can use my white ind. freewheel on the back as well as a fixed sprocket. I was wondering if anyone could help me, for those of you who have built up wheels could you possibly list the rim/hub/spoke combination and spoke length, the thing is i'd rather build up a wheel with spoke lengths that someone has already calculated so i don't confuse myself. Once i have 'mastered' building one wheel then i will try my own combo and work out my own spoke lengths etc. I am aware of spoke calcs but if people can list the combos they used surely its easier isn't it?

i would really appreciate any wheel build info from people that have been there and done it as it were! this thread could turn out a pretty useful resource for everyone if enough people contribute! thanks again
Carbon fibre, it's all nonsense. Drink beer. Ride a steel bike. Don't be a ponce.

Comments

• pete.whelan
    pete.whelan Posts: 788
    To calculate the spoke length we need to know the rim and hub you will be using and also the number of spoke crossings (assume 3x), then the calulations can be done.

Alternatively find a cpy of SPOCALC on t'internet or look up on the DT Swiss site as they have a version of the calculator.
    Recipe: shave legs sparingly, rub in embrocation and drizzle with freshly squeezed baby oil.
  • mtbhenry888
    mtbhenry888 Posts: 287
    found spocalc eventually, thanks
    Carbon fibre, it's all nonsense. Drink beer. Ride a steel bike. Don't be a ponce.