Mutilated Marin B17, E1 area.

Foot_of_travel
Foot_of_travel Posts: 484
edited March 2009 in MTB stolen
My not so beautiful Black and White Marin B17 custom build went walkabout in the Whitechapel area of London, kinda sticks out like a sore thumb in this flat area..

List of parts..

Hope pro II 20mm laced with an X517 on the front.

Deore discs full set levers an all, with metal sintered pads.

White Halo Combat 24" rear wheel.

XT long cage rm.

LX front mech.

Can't remember the name of the bars, they bulb out from the stem and get skinnier near the controls.

50mm Stem had a picture of a Monkey etched on it? No name on it.

Marzocchi Drop off IV's, disc only. 150mm travel.

3+8 spd shimano shifter pod's.

Red and Black super tacky grips, feel em without gloves on..

XT cranks.

Specialities TA 46t chainring, noname 36t inner ring.

Deore SPuD pedals, battered to f%&*.. Red and dirty.

LX cassette.

LX BB

Marin B17 main triangle, Wolf Ridge rear swingarm (hence the 24" halo)

A few stickers, scratches and rub marks from the rear 26" tyre I had..

Marin original sticker black and white with a red pinstripe on the mainframe.

There be no reward for rescue, just a riding friend for life..

Keep em peeled..
If found, call da (Tower Hamlets) police, they on the lookout for it too :shock:

I was 1 part away from having a sound "must kill myself with my inability to ride" bike..

Watch the chainslip..

1 rim away from getting it colour coded. (Thats the thing with bodgit bikes, the dodgy colouring :wink: )
Bicyclingeroner. Verb, By-sigh-clinger-onner. Person who hoards bycycles and parts, usually in a glass cabinet.

Comments

• I got it back.

Security had moved it to somewhere that it won't be in the way, like another empty flat in the gated complex. They supposedly left a note in the post room, which I personally have no need to visit, seeing as I am just visiting a friend.. 8 days it took the system to call me and tell me where my transport was. I am glad it was them and not some yocal I would have seen down the market with it.. I now clutter up his small entranceway..

Safe riding people.. :shock:
    Bicyclingeroner. Verb, By-sigh-clinger-onner. Person who hoards bycycles and parts, usually in a glass cabinet.