New Bike Frustration

Cabelly
Cabelly Posts: 43
edited March 2009 in Road beginners
Hi. Like a lot of newbies I have been watching and gathering info from a lot of experience on this site. I have owned racing bikes since I was a kid, only budget ones and not involved in competition.My present one being a Raleigh Aquilus, bought for commuting to work,which I've had for 13 years and its never let me down. Last year I did a sponsored ride around the Isle of Wight and realised I could do with an upgrade. New Raleigh I thought, ha ha. Where do they sell these new ones with a decent spec, Tiagra or better. After seeing the glossy pics I fancied trying one out.....not in Dorset !!!!!! All the recommeded dealerships sell everything but. I've tried an Airlite 100 just for the frame size (56) which felt right. Has anyone actually bought any of the Airlite U6 bikes and if so are they any good.
The lbs's in Poole/Bournemouth only seem to sell Giant,Trek which I don't want and Specialized which I didn't find comfortable.
I was going to spend about £800 on our ctw scheme which covered most bike shops including I thought Halfords as I thought i'd try out the Boardman Team 09. Big mistake, I really liked it then found Halfords aren't on the scheme this year :x . Has anyone bought this bike as there don't appear to be any write ups.
Sorry for going on but I've been getting bloody frustrated.

Comments