BIANCHI B4P C TECH - Desperately need help from an expert!!!

haribo8
haribo8 Posts: 11
edited March 2009 in Road beginners
Hi all,

New to the site and i need help.

I have just brought this bike from Evans and i cannot find this bike on any Bianchi site and i've googled it and nothng. All i have found out is that its a special model but how can i find out facts about the frame weight, etc?

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/bianchi/b4p-c-tech-carbon-105-2008-road-bike-ec016051

Do anyone here know anything about this bike and frame?

Help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• STEFANOS4784
    STEFANOS4784 Posts: 4,109
    Google it, loads of info :D
    I.M.H.O (and i can't state this enough)
    A Bianchi is only a Bianchi , in my eyes, if it is in celeste and with Campognolo, bare in mind though i'm a novice, what do you want the bike for, looks like a good, bargain steed :?:
  • fuelex
    fuelex Posts: 165
    Sorry, can't give you any more info but I test rode it in december and it was bloody nice!
  • haribo8
    was just wondering what the weight of the frame was...

but all i could find on google was links to Evans, saw another forum and they contacted Bianchi UK and they said i was a promo bike and they don't have specs or info and it would no show on their site or back catalogue.

just found it strange seeing its made by them and they don't have any information on it?

test rode it too, loved it and brought it there and then.
  • fuelex
    fuelex Posts: 165
    If you take the bike into evans they quite often have a set of scales you can hang it on, I guess it depends which branch and how helpful the staff are.
  • haribo8
    anyone out there with any new information about this bike?

If this was a special frame, how comes Bianchi didn't keep it in their range?

Is its a badly desgined frame? was it not popular?

anyone know or works for Bianchi out there?

Bianchi UK cannot help and i've also emailed Bianchi Italy but no response from them.... not too sure where to get information from now.
  • fnegroni
    fnegroni Posts: 794
    If I can be of assistance I can translate your email into Italian for Bianchi.it Just in case they could not understand English.
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Although Bianchi have an Italian name, you'll find that they are a brand owned by a Swedish company called CycleEurope and are made in Taiwan!
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • John.T
    John.T Posts: 3,698
    http://www.bianchi.it/en/products2008/Frames_X8B07.aspx
    This should help you. If you liked it enough to buy it why are you worrying.
  • Andrew_J
    Andrew_J Posts: 142
    Monty Dog wrote:
    Although Bianchi have an Italian name, you'll find that they are a brand owned by a Swedish company called CycleEurope and are made in Taiwan!

I am pritty sure that they are made in Italy Monty Dog
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    If you dig around on the web, I think you'll find that Bianchi's carbon frames are made by a Taiwanese companies Advanced Composites or Topkey - only a small number of their Reparto Corse Frames are actually made in Italy - and the team frames are generally outsourced too - I could tell you who makes the team frames too if you want?
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..