Kona Sutra

johny c
johny c Posts: 256
edited March 2009 in Tour & expedition
I tried to post some pics on the review section of the forum, but couldn't get any linking to work. To save anyone who's interested going through all that copy/paste palaver, here they are (I hope) there are some differences from the standard bike to suit my needs.

bike with bags:
IMG_0123.jpg

front rack detail:
P3040009.jpg
P3040011.jpg

rear rack detail:
P3040013.jpg
I've had a bash at reducing the compromises in the rear rack mounting. The drive side has been re-aligned to make it a conventional mount.The brake side has a bolt straight through from the inside of the lug to be tightened by a nut, the rack is then retained by another nut. A nut sandwich with loctite spread. I'll try it on Arran with a couple of bags of tatties on board and see how it goes.
Johny

Comments

• dilemna
    dilemna Posts: 2,187
    Very nice pics of your bike. Really do like the livery. What make are the racks?
    Alex
    Life is like a roll of toilet paper; long and useful, but always ends at the wrong moment. Anon.
    Think how stupid the average person is.......
    half of them are even more stupid than you first thought.
  • johny c
    johny c Posts: 256
    Alex, thanks,

The rear rack is stamped 'racktime', the front 'yueni'. I might not make that much use of the front racks, I'm only likely to get one big tour in a year. I've only really made use of front racks in the past when carrying camping gear too, these days I use hostels or b&b.

here's the bike in day to day use:
    IMG_0122.jpg
    Johny