Fulcrum 3's v HED Ardennes

Ranj
Ranj Posts: 2
edited March 2009 in Road buying advice
Hi need help... Am 6ft 2 84kgs and been roped into the Marmotte this summer. Riding Fulcrum 5's now but want/need upgrade. Heard really good things about Ardennes but seem hard to find. Would like to spend up to £500 and would really apprciate any suggestions!
Thanks a lot

Comments

• mrushton
    mrushton Posts: 5,182
    Neutrons. Got the Ardennes but I think for a lot of uphill stuff I'd be looking at campag Neutrons or those new Shimano Ultegra Carbon/Alu wheels
    M.Rushton
  • nickwill
    nickwill Posts: 2,735
    I've got Neutrons and they are light and bombproof. I would expect the Neutron Ultras to be even better!
  • doonbar
    doonbar Posts: 4
    Dura Ace 7850 CL wheelset. That is only very slightly above your budget, mine cost 550 and they are a top notch wheel...Very light but still stiff and strong. Maybe also consider some of the Easton range, I think the EA90 is in your budget they tend to get good reviews. The only other wheels I was considering were some handbuilts, DT RR1.1 built onto Hope hubs (very good quality). they wade in around £350 so are well within your budget.

Anyway there is loads of "Opinions on here..." prepare to waste a few hours...

http://www.roadbikereview.com/cat/wheels/wheelsets/PLS_2490crx.aspx