waterproof overtrousers

spondonchris
spondonchris Posts: 74
edited March 2009 in MTB beginners
can anyone recommend a good pair of waterproof overtrousers as I seem to be destroying the last few pairs I have bought. I wear them over my riding trousers in the winter, so I can peel them off back at the car park along with all the mud and then be clean enough to go in the caf for the reward of a bacon and egg barm. acn anyone advise?

Comments

• Twisterboy
    Twisterboy Posts: 311
    Welcome to the forum.
  • Mastineo
    Mastineo Posts: 182
    I use Sprayway goretex hiking overtrousers. Work well for me.
  • Dilker
    Dilker Posts: 88
    Endura Tech Pant... great value for money, i also have the eVent venturi(?) 3/4 both great quality. Either of those would mean no need for any other trousers, just throw them on top of your tights, they are plenty warm enough.
    'to give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift' Steve Prefontaine

"When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race" H.G.Wells
  • woodywmb
    woodywmb Posts: 669
    Cheaper to use SillySkin Spray, an aerosol which sprays a fine film of silicone onto your normal cycling tights. Water runs off easily and you can use it on any kind of trousers except waterproof ones. Respray any time you feel the silicone layer is thinning. The camo or zebra versions enable you to add Army style colouring or black and white stripes.
  • thanks for all of your help. I will have a look on the web at your ideas, thanks again
  • 3110neil
    3110neil Posts: 303
    togg 24 waterproof ,breathable,ankle adjustments as well as taken the lenght up £30.00
  • 3110neil wrote:
    togg 24 waterproof ,breathable,ankle adjustments as well as taken the lenght up £30.00

Where can I find these?

Many thanks!