Clothing Advice

Chaz.Harding
Chaz.Harding Posts: 3,144
edited March 2009 in Road beginners
Hello all.

Might sound like a bit of a stupid question, but it's genuine nonetheless.

I'm going to North Wales next week, for a week cycling round some good hills / mountains. But I don't know what clothes I will need. I have only got a few cycling shorts, gloves, helmet, some jerseys, and that's about it really. No warm or wet kit.

So any ideas would be good!!

Any advice on what gear to buy (this week...) would be apprieciated.

Thanks in advance,

Chaz.
Boo-yah mofo
Sick to the power of rad
Fix it 'till it's broke

Comments

• explosifpete
    explosifpete Posts: 1,327
    I'm a big fan of arm and leg warmers as they are cheap (about £10) a pair and you can just take them off if you get to hot.
    A wind shower proof jacket would be a good idea, you can get ones that roll up to the size of a tennis ball so you can keep it in a jersey pocket.

Make sure you wash you kit or change it each night or it won't be a fun week!
  • Elganesh
    Elganesh Posts: 143
    Arm and leg warmers are great but it's going to be pretty cold here next week (so they say) so i would suggest some full length leggings, some base layers and a good thermal jacket.

Personally I wear base layer, jersey and a warm jacket with a shower proof one rolled up in the back pocket along with full gloves and a hat. Don't forget to get some decent overshoes too (waterproof and windproof) !

Let me know if you fancy a guided tour if you're anywhere near me.
    FCN = 4.5 Roadie, hairy legs, half a beard (say goateeeeee!)
  • Mark Alexander
    Mark Alexander Posts: 2,277
    rule no. 1 is Layers. base layers are a must
    these are good as a starter
    http://www.probikekit.com/display.php?code=C1122

endura overshoes are fantastic in the winter,
    In the really cold weather thick gloves are essential but a tip i found was pit a very thin set of mits on underneath to make it easier to take them off when you've been sweating. Lots of thin layers are better than one thick one. Also a thin skull cap under your helmet.
    http://twitter.com/mgalex
    www.ogmorevalleywheelers.co.uk

10TT 24:36 25TT: 57:59 50TT: 2:08:11, 100TT: 4:30:05 12hr 204.... unfinished business