Bottom Bracket, brake pad replacement and adjustment advice.

DonDaddyD
DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
edited March 2009 in The workshop

What type of bottom bracket will fit my Giant SCR3?

What tools, grease/lube do I need to replace my bottom bracket?

If anyone can provide a link (with pictures) of how to change a bottom bracket that would be much appreciated.

How do I go about adjusting the brake calipers once I've fitted new brake pads?

If anyone can provide a link that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

DDD

Ps. I think Batman died at the end of Final Crisis in DC. They're planning on replacing Doctor Strange as the Sorceror Supreme - not happy, not happy at all. Bart Allen has returned as Kid Flash in Legion of Superheroes - How cool is that!?!
Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game

Comments

• nation
    nation Posts: 609
    Bottom Bracket:

http://www.parktool.com/repair/readhowto.asp?id=95

(I'm assuming it's an external bearing type)

I don't know what kind of brakes you have so click this:

http://www.parktool.com/repair/byregion ... Field2.y=9

and go to the appropriate guide.

The Park tool site is pretty much the best internet resource for this kind of thing.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    How do I go about adjusting the brake calipers once I've fitted new brake pads?

Tiz easy, i'll show you when we do the pads if you can wait that long :wink:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    1 what is the current set up.

but all are covered on parktools.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown