Another new guy saying hi

Saxo
Saxo Posts: 6
edited March 2009 in MTB beginners
Evenin' all, I thought I'd better introduce myself. :)

I haven't been on a mountain bike since I was a teenager (in fact for the last few years the only thing i have been riding with 2 wheels has an engine as well) but I've decided this weekend to get back on one and get back into shape - I don't do gyms! :lol:

Picking up an 09 Giant Boulder later this week to start off with, no doubt I'll be using this site a lot to read up on stuff and hopefully not embarrass myself with too many noob questions haha.

Cheers,

Andy

Comments

• Vivid
    Vivid Posts: 267
    Welcome to the forum :)
  • Stoo61
    Stoo61 Posts: 1,394
    Howdy Andy.

What motorbike you riding? I'm going to get my liscence this summer got a Bandit 6 tucked away waiting on me.

This is not a thread hijack....simple question :D :roll:
  • Saxo
    Thanks for the welcome :D

Stoo, I'm on an SV650S K5 at the moment, it's my 1st bike & had it 4 years now. Hopefully going to trade up later this year though, thinking of a GSXR750.

You won't go far wrong with a Bandit 6, great bikes!

Talking bikes, I've changed my mind now & going to buy a Giant Rainier instead :lol: - I figured it's worth the little extra for the better brakes & forks.
  • Furkuk
    Furkuk Posts: 71
    Welcome
    Wow, bikers :D
    I had a 600 Bandit then a BMW R1100S then a SV650S and loved it. Rode all over Europe on them with a bunch of mates. No longer have one :(
    Now the owner of a GT Aggressor XC 3
  • toasty
    toasty Posts: 2,598
    Welcome. Nice bike you've picked, hydraulic brakes at that price seems like a bargain, big leap over V brakes.

It's much easier beating the crap out of yourself on a mountain bike for 2 hours than it is sitting in a gym working hard for that long as well in my opinion. Good mix of weight loss cardio stuff with a bit of legs and (to a lesser extent) arms muscle stuff thrown in too.
  • Saxo
    Furkuk wrote:
    Welcome
    Wow, bikers :D
    I had a 600 Bandit then a BMW R1100S then a SV650S and loved it. Rode all over Europe on them with a bunch of mates. No longer have one :(

I thought your username seemed familiar, weren't you on SV650.org? I'm known as El Saxo on there...

Anyway, enough of motorbikes, I've only been here 5 mins so don't want to derail the forum too much! :lol:

Had to delay picking up the bike by a week, it turned out they only had a 21" in stock and it's too big for me, going back next week to pick up a 19" :D
  • Furkuk
    Furkuk Posts: 71
    Yeah, thats me. Loved my SV but you can't get fit on a motor bike :wink:
    Now the owner of a GT Aggressor XC 3