Continental GP4000s Tyres

carl_p
carl_p Posts: 989
edited March 2009 in Road buying advice
I want a good all round tyre to replace the stock 25mm Kenda tyres on my Giant SCR2.

Continental GP4000s seem to tick all the boxes albeit being a tad expensive at £30 each. My one concern is that the ride will become harsh with narrower harder tyres.

Any thoughts?
Specialized Venge S Works
Cannondale Synapse
Enigma Etape
Genesis Flyer Single Speed

Turn the corner, rub my eyes and hope the world will last...

Comments

• barrybaines
    barrybaines Posts: 273
    I can find you a better price than that! http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2-x-Continental-G ... dZViewItem under £50 for the pair delivered and thats with a pair of tubes thrown in! I have bought from this seller a few times before and can highly reccomend them.

I also have a set of these tyres on my geared bike and took them out for the first time today and can say I am very happy with the performance, obviously can't speak for the longevity of them but have had the GP4000 before and ridden them all year round with no real issues, probably got around 2500 miles out of the GP4000.
  • antfly
    antfly Posts: 3,276
    Yes they will be less comfortable but they will be faster so the choice is yours,it depends what you prefer.
    Smarter than the average bear.
  • dombo6
    dombo6 Posts: 582
    The Conti 4000S are great tyres. I replaced my OE Bontrager Racelite 25mm with 23mm Contis and the ride was actually better. I've ridden them on Etape and Dragon ride and other sportives plus general road riding and they are very comfortable, grippy, fast etc.
  • antfly
    antfly Posts: 3,276
    I`ve got them on two bikes and they are great,just not as comfortable as the specailized 25mm tyres that came on the bike.
    Smarter than the average bear.
  • softlad
    softlad Posts: 3,513
    Conti GP 4 season in 25mm or the new Conti Grand Prix 24mm. 25mm will give you a noticeable improvement in comfort with very little or no weight/speed penalty..
  • STEFANOS4784
    STEFANOS4784 Posts: 4,109
    I can find you a better price than that! http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2-x-Continental-G ... dZViewItem under £50 for the pair delivered and thats with a pair of tubes thrown in! I have bought from this seller a few times before and can highly reccomend them.

I also have a set of these tyres on my geared bike and took them out for the first time today and can say I am very happy with the performance, obviously can't speak for the longevity of them but have had the GP4000 before and ridden them all year round with no real issues, probably got around 2500 miles out of the GP4000.

I got my conti gp4000 from bicycle rubber, good stuff :D