Any Suggestions on trails around Milton Keynes

chrismk1
chrismk1 Posts: 4
edited March 2009 in Routes
Hi All

After just getting back into mountain biking and having a great day around woburn sands on my new pitch I was wondering if anyone could suggest some trails for me around the milton keynes area. To be honest I stuggled today with some of the climbs around woburn and want to find somewhere good to ride but without the killer climbs, if thats possible, untill my fitness level improves. Thanks in advance

Comments

• nonnac85
    nonnac85 Posts: 1,608
    go for a blast up the canal path to stoke bruerne - no hills there and good for spinning over a longish distance.

Also go over to Harlestone Firs near Northampton or Chicksands near Bedford.
    HF has a lot of bridleways - make up your own route.
    Chicksands has marked routes and also jumps, 4x track etc as well.

My website MTB Trail Time has more information.

Also Get Mountain Biking do guided rides / skills courses round Woburn, Harlestone and Thetford which are great value for money.
    My Website - Trail Centre info for the UK: MTB Trail Time
  • chrismk1
    chrismk1 Posts: 4
    Thanks for the suggestions mate and excellent website, I'll take a trip to harlestone firs and check it out, cheers
  • nonnac85
    nonnac85 Posts: 1,608
    For getting in the miles for fitness purposes there is also Graffham Water / Rutland Water - not technical but they do give you a chance to stretch your legs and get a decent pace going.

Hopefully going over there myself next weekend - for a change of scenery more than anything. Done Ampthill / Ridgmont / Marston to death over the winter.
    My Website - Trail Centre info for the UK: MTB Trail Time