Which saddle bags are recommended?

gcaster
gcaster Posts: 152
edited March 2009 in Road buying advice
Hi.

Looking at getting a saddle bag so I can take my wallet, mobile, a spare tube, multi-tool and maybe an energy bar or two in. Is this what most people do?

What saddle bags are good, light and aerodynamic. I've been looking at the Sci Con range but they're quite expensive compared to others.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Comments

• careful
    careful Posts: 720
    Topeak range is good - a small or medium would probably be ok. I would svoid the ones with the clip in bracket if you might sometimes csrry more. The clips can break if heavilly laden. http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Categories.aspx?CategoryID=547
  • rb1956
    rb1956 Posts: 134
    I like the Carradice SQR range, though they might be bigger than you're looking for.
  • FatLarry
    FatLarry Posts: 209
    I use a Specialized a Topeak saddle bag. Both have the velcro strap that goes around the seatpost and as a result my lovel carbon seatposts are both scratched.

So I'm going to try the Scicon on the new bike as the roller fit means you don't neat the seatpost strap.

I only keep emergency kit in the saddle bag - spare inner tubes / gas / tools / cash. Food, car keys, the wallet and the mobile either go in a pocket or in a Topeak Tri Bag - easier to access and the Tri bag doesn't scratch the frame.
  • Gav888
    Gav888 Posts: 946
    Just bought one from halfrauds for £10, really good actually....
    Cycling never gets any easier, you just go faster - Greg LeMond