New Club in Beeston, Nottingham

adrianpugh
adrianpugh Posts: 30
edited March 2009 in Amateur race
We have our new website/blog running fairly well now and are trying to get together rides to suit members. We don't have regular rides but the club blog creates a 'meeting point' to find someone with similar training plans. A lot of us are time starved with kids etc and there is a lot of sportive training going on. See the site www.beeston.cc

Comments

• Tom Butcher
    Tom Butcher Posts: 3,830
    I like the kit. Are the old Beeston still going then or have they folded ?

Something we've (Derby Merc) found a good thing in our club is a decent forum on the website - ours is pretty well used and it's good for arranging rides, racing etc. We've also started a midweek chaingang with a steadier group for those who aren't up to race pace or who don't want a flat out out ride all year - that's worked really well in bringing in new members and giving them a taste of group riding - we've had over 20 out nearly every Tuesday over winter.

Good luck with it anyway. There are lots of people out there who would join cycling clubs if more clubs went out out of their way a little bit more to appeal to them.

it's a hard life if you don't weaken.
  • Slow1972
    Slow1972 Posts: 362
    Good luck with the club

Nice kit design, but then I couldnt say anything else really because its pretty similar to ours ;)

www.manchesterwheelers.co.uk
  • @ Tom - No the Beeston Road Club are still going.

@ Slow - The kit was designed by one of our members who is a designer ( www.rizkmccay.com ) . John spent hours coming up with a unique design that references back to classic designs but has a fresh modern feel. So it is obviously a highly unique design and nothing like yours ;-) (He is a designer though so I guess he would say stuff like that!)

We also made a video - have we missed anything out on it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7d6ks0mAYE
  • Ash_
    Ash_ Posts: 385
    Like the kit.

Like the website.

Like the philosophy.

If I still lived in Beeston, I'd join!

All the best with this for the future.
  • @ Ash

Good to know we are heading in the right direction.

If you are ever back in beeston post a comment and join a ride.

Adrian
  • OffTheBackAdam
    OffTheBackAdam Posts: 1,869
    So if the Beeston RC are still going, why another club in Beeston?
    Remember that you are an Englishman and thus have won first prize in the lottery of life.
  • Some of us looked at joining BRC but couldn't find any details and then we eventually we met with some of them and it seemed we had different needs from a club. Hopefully we can develop some shared ideas as we go along.
  • Hi there

I noticed you have started a new club, your site looks great.

I am currently a member of Sherwood cc but I live in Beeston. As its quite a trek across town I rarely go out with a group. Is it possible to come out with yourselves?

I coach Go ride at Sherwood so I want to stay with the club but I would really like to meet up with riders from the area on a regular basis.

Thanks
    "To all the cynics, I\'m sorry for you, ... I\'m sorry you can\'t believe in miracles. This is a great sporting event and hard work wins it."
  • @dcarter Of course - just keep an eye on the blog for a ride that suits your fancy or put a comment up about when you want to ride and see if anyone bites. membership allows you to put a post up. Either way just join in or email me adrian@beeston.cc and I can post something for you.

Adrian