Wycoller

Rich9
Rich9 Posts: 1,635
edited March 2009 in MTB rides
Going over to Lancs on Sunday to ride a route over Wycoller with a mate. Any experience of this area anyone??
2014 Whyte T-129S

Comments

• dave_hill
    dave_hill Posts: 3,877
    Yup. It's wet. Very wet.
    Give a home to a retired Greyhound. Tia Greyhound Rescue
    Help for Heroes
    JayPic
  • Rich9
    YOu're not wrong. The first real climb form the car park, was a right pain. Just couldnt get going, really chewed up. The peaty ground really grabs your tyres, and suck you under. Enjoyed it though. Going to try it the other way round next time

Forgot my phone so no pics i'm afraid :roll:
    2014 Whyte T-129S
  • TheRed
    TheRed Posts: 7
    You can do it to Wycoller, down the road to Trawden, then back up to the bridleway doing the first half in reverse. Instead of going back all on roads.

I'm still trying to do this in under hour from my house, returning on the road.
  • Rich9
    We set off from Laneshawbridge (mates house), turned right opposite the Emmott Arms, over the humpy bridge then turned right again. Follow the road up towards Wycoller car park and then onto the trails. Coming back we got back on the road by a reservior and then road down into Trawden, then turned right to loop back to the roads we started on. Took us about 2hrs in total with about an 1hr 45mins of actual riding
    2014 Whyte T-129S