I bought a tape measure today... My thighs and calfs

2»

Comments

• Littigator
    Littigator Posts: 1,262
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Littigator wrote:
    Well I guess you must be right. The leaner the meaner. My thighs are 22, so a good bit slimmer than most posters but I'd be happy to race ya round Richmond Park anytime

:wink:

22inch thighs... racing a dude with 22inch thighs :roll: , Shoot, I'd have to keep telling myself you were actually male so that I wouldn't subconciously remain behind you gazing at your misleadingly long-slender-female-thighs. :P :P :P

You'd have to stay close enough to see them 8)
    Roadie FCN: 3

Fixed FCN: 6
  • Recently my thigs have toned out much more and have gone down to 22" from like 24" but im more powerful now than before. Look at Sastre, quite skinny legs but he'd beat most of ya burly uk guys on the flat any day of the week! Only really need big legs for hard starts (hence track riders being massive).
    Bring on the toned and useful!!!!
  • Chaz.Harding
    Chaz.Harding Posts: 3,144
    Hmmm...

Before I post my 'numbers', might I just say I'm a big guy... I'm about 6'1", but I weightlift, run, and powerlift alot too. And yes, I'm pretty lean 8)

27" Thighs,

18" Calfs...
    Boo-yah mofo
    Sick to the power of rad
    Fix it 'till it's broke
  • 24"/16"

Seems ok......................just the waist to worry about now
    [1]Ribble winter special
    [2] Trek 5200 old style carbon
    [3] Frankensteins hybrid FCN 8
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    Not got a tape to measure mine but does anyone else have problems pulling their jeans down over their calves when they sit down on the bog? :shock:

It's a bloody nightmare sometimes - I only ever wear 501s and I swear they do a slimline calf version! :?
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • tripwire
    tripwire Posts: 505
    Despite many years of cycling, my thighs are still a svelte 21" and my calves a shapely 14".

Along with my 29" waist and a behind that would put J-Lo to shame, some folks might say I have a fine figure for a woman...

Bastards! :evil:
    *is a guy* :oops:
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    What's the difference between weightlifting and powerlifting?
  • Chaz.Harding
    Chaz.Harding Posts: 3,144
    Weightlifting is, say, isolation exercises. Shoulders, arms, back legs, whatever.

Powerlifting is pretty much deadlifts, and powerlifts (olympic bar above your head, from the floor). I include weighted dips and heaves / weighted heaves too though

8)

Also, powerlifting tends to be competions too.
    Boo-yah mofo
    Sick to the power of rad
    Fix it 'till it's broke
  • 25 inch thighs
    16 inch calves.

Feel lardy
    No Babbit No, Look what Birdy doing
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    All I can tell you is, that I have had to throw out my beloved "True Religion" jeans that I bought in Los Angeles - the best fitting pair of jeans I have ever had. Simply down to cycling - butt size, thigh and calf size. In fact, I have had to change my entire wardrobe when I started training for Tri - very expensive and very annoying. Nothing fits properly at all for blokes, unless you are an unfit little waif of a thing or overweight - any muscle development is simply not tailored for.

I am gonna set up a company making normal clothes for sports people......well cut for the "cycle toned" laydee or gent.
  • R34PER
    R34PER Posts: 193
    28" thigh
    19" calf
    (as there happened to be a measuring tape on the side)
  • Just glimpsed at what my boyfriend was reading on here, have sabotaged his forum name as topic interests me so much!
    Never even considered the width of such body parts before but just had to get the tape measure out!

Discovered solid 18" calves and even more solid 30" thighs on him, that's 5" bigger than my waist!
    Trophy is ours :D
    Claire :twisted:
  • Big Wib
    Big Wib Posts: 363
    24"/16"

Seems ok......................just the waist to worry about now

+ 1

Although having said that, am already struggling to find trousers that fit having lost several inches around the waist over the last year :D
  • Is sebastiandangerfield a pseudonym for chris hoy, if so that's cheating!!

30" - how do yo do going up hill? I'm trying to lose it for this reason
    [1]Ribble winter special
    [2] Trek 5200 old style carbon
    [3] Frankensteins hybrid FCN 8
  • ride_whenever
    ride_whenever Posts: 13,279
    21.5" and 16", but then my legs only have quads, none of these extraneous walking muscles. I cannot remember the last time i walked further than to my bike...
  • Miss Seb Dangerfield's going to be in some trouble!!!
    Is sebastiandangerfield a pseudonym for chris hoy, if so that's cheating!!

30" - how do yo do going up hill? I'm trying to lose it for this reason

Im not quite Sir Chris but Im a fairly big fella. Im 17stone 5 Pound's and have come into cycling and triathlon from sprinting via mountain biking. I just wanted a new challenge and figured what better one is there for a guy of my size to take on endurance sports. Looking back i've now got a decent marathon time and very low body fat but my spintings awfull!! And yes, it's not easy lugging it all the way to he top a hill!
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    Heh - she got you to start posting and that's no bad thing! Set her up with a username too. Apart from anything else there aren't nearly enough female measurements on this thread.
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    Just glimpsed at what my boyfriend was reading on here, have sabotaged his forum name as topic interests me so much!
    Never even considered the width of such body parts before but just had to get the tape measure out!

Discovered solid 18" calves and even more solid 30" thighs on him, that's 5" bigger than my waist!
    Trophy is ours :D
    Claire :twisted:

suddenly I feel inadequate.... and wierdly jealous!

Why can't my girlfriend post how awesome I am online!!!! :evil: :cry::cry: :evil:
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • hisoka
    hisoka Posts: 541
    18.5" calf
    31.5" thigh
    ??? waist (yes, too much so not going to post that part.)

Yes, at times I make clothing for friends so always measure even down to the half inch on things.
    "This area left purposefully blank"
    Sign hung on my head everyday till noon.

FCN: 11 (apparently)