Two observations on my ride tonight

downfader
downfader Posts: 3,686
edited March 2009 in The bottom bracket
I donned the nightvision top, put the reflectives on me ankles, switched on me lights (3 rear and one front tonight) and went out for a short right of some 30 minutes. (I had the camera on too so might make another film later)

Lots of cool drivers tonight. Some were pegging it a bit which was a bit silly but only one came a little too close. I was heading up hill with a sharp left as as I went to turn it a driver, some impatient old plodder with his missus as passenger, decided to left hook me and I had to brake. I shouted out how unsafe it was and I'm still suprised I didnt swear at him or lose my s*** and smack his car. Such a bl**dy stupid thing to do.

The other observation was on Spring road which is a very slight downhill and its easy to do about 30ish on a bike. I was going quite fast and a 4x4 overtook me - good distance and safe, but boy was he pushing his engine! Spring road sometimes has the odd copper with a handheld speed cam so its pushing your luck imo. Theres a college and 2 schools there - the college is open on evenings and its a well used road

Anyway, as you were. :D

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    If anyone nearly hits me or anything the only response I have is automated and is F****** H***!!!!, I can never engage my mind at the right time and do something I should do like smack on there car or anything. When buses nearly run me over everyday I just don't do anything.
  • downfader
    I spose the other thing is you forget what you said because of the adrenalin. I'll watch the tape back today to refresh my mind :oops:
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Put the video on youtube!!!! :lol:
  • downfader
    willhub wrote:
    Put the video on youtube!!!! :lol:

It turns out I did swear.. but only after he'd driven off :oops: I'll edit it and try and upload tonight
  • de_sisti
    de_sisti Posts: 1,283
    I rode the Kennett Valley Run 200km audax yesterday and can honestly say that only 2 or 3
    cars came too close for me to think "what an idiot". However, several drivers gave me lots
    of room when they were overtaking, including White Van Man who waited until he could
    see far enough down the road to overtake safely. He even waved and gave me the thumbs
    up gesture. I waved to him in a "thanks for being patient" type of way.

They're not all that bad really.