Who decides what threads are acceptable ?

2»

Comments

• There was no mention of Ti*s. is this another example of how a threads tone gets lowered by the very people objecting to the content that they themselves have put in??
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    markwalker wrote:
    There was no mention of Ti*s. is this another example of how a threads tone gets lowered by the very people objecting to the content that they themselves have put in??

Spot on.

MG
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    markwalker wrote:
    There was no mention of Ti*s. is this another example of how a threads tone gets lowered by the very people objecting to the content that they themselves have put in??

So what's this then?

http://www.bikeradar.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=15195019

5th post down. That's not lowering the tone?
  • DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    Moray Gub wrote:
    DaveyL wrote:
    So go post in the bikeradar office and ask the mods.

Well its reasonable to ask in here becuase this is where the complaint originated from and as you well know this section has many experts to call upon

MG

The thread would have been canned by one of the mods. So go ask them why they canned it.

If you want to ask some individual why they objected to it, well that's a different question, non?
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • moray_gub
    DaveyL wrote:
    Moray Gub wrote:
    DaveyL wrote:
    So go post in the bikeradar office and ask the mods.

Well its reasonable to ask in here becuase this is where the complaint originated from and as you well know this section has many experts to call upon

MG

The thread would have been canned by one of the mods. So go ask them why they canned it.

If you want to ask some individual why they objected to it, well that's a different question, non?

If its ok with you ill ask how i see fit

MG
  • DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    Fair enough, but I'd have thought that if you want to know why certain threads get removed, you'd ask the mods, as they are the ones who remove said threads. And the best palce to ask them is in the BR office.

Just trying to be helpful, and making a suggestion.
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • moray_gub
    DaveyL wrote:
    Fair enough, but I'd have thought that if you want to know why certain threads get removed, you'd ask the mods, as they are the ones who remove said threads. And the best palce to ask them is in the BR office.

Just trying to be helpful, and making a suggestion.

Ok Dave fair enough but the complaint originated in here so as good a place to ask as any.

MG
  • afx237vi wrote:
    markwalker wrote:

So what's this then?

http://www.bikeradar.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=15195019

5th post down. That's not lowering the tone?

yes, stop spouting rubbish, the link above is to a different post than the one being discussed and its not even in the race forum, its in cake stop where you said that stuff belongs. So get you facts straight or youll continue to look more and more like its you that wants to cause an argument.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    edited February 2009
    markwalker wrote:
    yes, stop spouting rubbish, the link above is to a different post than the one being discussed and its not even in the race forum, its in cake stop where you said that stuff belongs. So get you facts straight or youll continue to look more and more like its you that wants to cause an argument.

Right, it's okay to objectify women and pass judgment on their personal appearance as long as it's in the correct forum. Got it.
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    I think we all need to meet at the nearest pub / bar and start tilting a few brews.
    We will all end up either best friends and "feeling the love" or land in jail for getting into the best fight that pub ever saw. It's win - win.

Dennis Noward
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    Easy guys.

It's not like something very precious has gone missing, all it we're missing is a poll on who is "hotter" between Romero and Pendleton, each mocked for "big hands" and "acne" respectively I recall, followed up by another image of a woman riding with an unzipped jersey.

...It was pure Cakestop! :wink:
  • afx237vi wrote:
    markwalker wrote:

Right, it's okay to objectify women and pass judgment on their personal appearance as long as it's in the correct forum. Got it.

Apparently so. Cake stop is for objectification and that is official forum policy. Believe me.
  • Just arrived at Spam central.
    Here's another thread that'll get the boot, cos it sure ain't about pro cycling.
    Some forums aren't moderated, others are.
    If the style here doesn't suit, try someplace else.

No point bitching amongst yourselves.
    What gets dumped is not down to anybody who's currently posting here.
    As for disagreeing about what is acceptable and whats not; doesn't that go on all the time on the LA threads?

Must mean it's a slow day in Texas.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,702
    I do.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    whyamihere wrote:
    I do.

I could but.....
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
This discussion has been closed.