Felt compulsion 2 SE

boltbybasher
boltbybasher Posts: 19
edited March 2009 in MTB buying advice
Thinking of buying Felt Compulsion 2 SE (2008 model) Just wondering if anyone has heard good/bad reviews on this bike - I have seen the bikeradar review. Also anyone know the weight of this bike as I am looking for a full suss all day trail bike unde 30 lbs - would this fit the bill ?

Cheers

Comments

• xtreem
    xtreem Posts: 2,965
    Weight: 32.7 lbs 2008 model
    Weight: 29.5 lbs 2009 model

Looks nice to me, nothing else I can comment.
  • Thanks - Heavier than I thought but still lighter than my current GT I Drive comp !
    Might go for it anyway Thanks
  • At £880 it looks like a steal.

http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/ ... -ed--31743

4 stars and priced at £1500 on Bike Radar
    Bikes are drugs and Im pedalling

http://sherwoodpines.yolasite.com/
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    I've got one. i've had it for about 2 months and i love it!! the uphills are different cos i've come from riding a hard tail but not too much bounce, the equilink does a good job. and with 140mm of front travel it hammers downhill. I WOULD DEFINATELY RECCOMEND IT!!
  • I am a Gary Fisher Tassajara user, this compulsion 2 se does seem to get good reviews, £880 is excellent. do you think it is worth the £1500 that it was reduced from? is the weight ever an issue for you. would you change any bits if you could?

i cant make up my mind, would hate to regret it once it arrives!!

HELP!!
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    if i was being picky i'd change the chainset, rear mech and possibly in the future the brakes. but like i said that would be being picky.

it all does the job it's supposed to do, nothing squeaks or rattles and it rides superbly.
  • dhobbs
    dhobbs Posts: 2
    Got one on order from Wiggle, looks like I got in just before they upped the price. Hope they honour the price it was when I placed the order :)

Almost impossible to find reviews of the compulsion (apart from bikeradar's possibly biased one of the Mint Sauce) but those I could find were quite good. And at 40% off it was too good to ignore.

Looking forward to trying it out!
  • I bought one about a month ago, and its amazing. ive ridden follow the dog at cannock chase a dozen times and took it to Cod Llandegla and rode the black run on Sunday. The suspension travel seems endless and once you set the pressure and rebound right in the shock it doesnt bob too much. Gears are brilliant shifting perfectly, the only thing i would change on it are the brakes as they are, well crap, super spongey and dont half make a noise when wet. My 3 year olf Magura Julies are better and might be going on.

But dont let the brakes put you off, they can easily be changed, and its a propper bargain, i Paid £880 for mine from Wiggle with £50 worth of accessories