Newbie getting his first commuting bike today!

bigredbear
bigredbear Posts: 5
edited February 2009 in Commuting chat
Hi Dudes,

I am new to the forum, well this is my first post ( I have been reading for a while).

Well anyway, I am just posting to say hi as I am getting my first proper ( not put together at home) bike today.

I finally got a call from the lbs after about a month of waiting for my cyclescheme to kick into gear lol :x

Any way please say hi and be kind to a newbie who is more than a bit worried about commuting every day. :D

Comments

• redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Hit your local Lidl for shoes, gloves and shirt and other goodies if there are any left.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • Will do, i'm not sure if the lidl near me will have that offer on though as I'm In Northern Ireland :roll:
  • Welcome bigredbear!

What bike are you getting? Don't worry too much about commuting, keep your wits about you, enjoy it and you'll be fine!
  • Hi there,

It's a Marin San Rafael, It was reccomended to me by the guy in the shop.

I had a wee test ride and it felt comfy.

I am going to have a test ride on saturday from home to work ( about 7 Miles) just to time myself and make sure I leave enough time :)
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    bigredbear wrote:
    I am going to have a test ride on saturday from home to work ( about 7 Miles) just to time myself and make sure I leave enough time :)

That would be approx 30 mins ride depending on terrain and traffic, take that into consideration on saturday.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • Sweet, I'll keep that in mind as it will give me a target to work to on saturday.

The commute is mostly towpath so a half hour should be about right. :wink: