Dalby at the weekend!!

bobbyfett
bobbyfett Posts: 42
edited February 2009 in MTB rides
First time doing this place, cant wait. anything i should know about beforehand?

Comments

• Andy B
    Andy B Posts: 8,115
    Do the red route, the blue & green are very easy & not much fun, the black route is heavily eroded as all the work has gone into the red route.

It's pretty long @ 24 miles, so take plenty of water & some food to keep you going. You can cut the route short if you need to though, take a map & you'll see what I mean (available from visitors centre & the bike shop)

It's £7 for the day to park in Dalby forest, although it's free if you ride in, it's quite a climb back out again to the south toll booth.

The cafe in the courtyard (Purple Mountain) is better than the one in the big Visitors Centre

Oh, have fun!
    2385861000_d125abe796_m.jpg
  • altern_8
    altern_8 Posts: 1,562
    it might be boggy in places,and i know they have been closing a few bits of the red route due to it being un rideable in places.........when you get to dixons hollow id prob avoide the back part as it will be really boggy,take the road from here turning right onto it,its straight and goes on for about a mile,then straight on at the fire road follow this round to youre right then youre back onto the red route which goes off into the forest on youre right hand side(its a riased bit).....doing this route will be about 17 miles and depending on if you stop a few times to get food/drink inside of you will take about 3-4 hours and depending on youre fitness...........

hope this helps you out.......... :lol:
  • nice one guys, the foresctry commission site said it was closed, but the ranger says it should be back open by the weekend. think i'll check first as were coming up from birmingham!!
  • quake7.2
    quake7.2 Posts: 305
    bobbyfett wrote:
    nice one guys, the foresctry commission site said it was closed, but the ranger says it should be back open by the weekend. think i'll check first as were coming up from birmingham!!

It was open last sunday when Rory, Rob and I went.

There was a sign saying it was closed, but the tape had been cut down. It was easily rideable and quite dry - even more so this weekend I would of thought!

Have fun and take care!

If you see some guys around a big white Shogun 4x4 say "Hi" that will be us!
  • Turrican
    Turrican Posts: 755
    Sorry to hijack your thread Bobbyfett and cool your from Birmingham :D,do you have any room for 1 guy in York as i really like to go there before i move or Quake are you going to Dalby again on Sunday by any chance, i only have this weekend left to go as im moving next weekend away down to Birmingham :D so Bobbyfett whats the riding down there i know about Lickey Hills as there is DH track there i think and Malverns.
    Let me know if its ok

quake7.2 wrote:
    bobbyfett wrote:
    nice one guys, the foresctry commission site said it was closed, but the ranger says it should be back open by the weekend. think i'll check first as were coming up from birmingham!!

It was open last sunday when Rory, Rob and I went.

There was a sign saying it was closed, but the tape had been cut down. It was easily rideable and quite dry - even more so this weekend I would of thought!

Have fun and take care!

If you see some guys around a big white Shogun 4x4 say "Hi" that will be us!
    I don't have a bike addiction problem.....bikes seems to have a problem with me.....it just can't seem to stay on.

http://www.moredirt.co.uk/users/FlowRideR661/
    http://flowrider661.pinkbike.com/