Overshoes

bhickey
bhickey Posts: 49
edited February 2009 in Workshop
I have a pair of Endura neoprene overshoes which have succesfully kept my feet warm during the winter but made my feet sweat buckets in the process. Any recommendaitons on windproof, breathable variants which will keep me warm and dry ? Gore Race Power look like a candidate but are a bit pricey at £45...

Thanks

Comments

• I've used the BBB "Hardwear" ones in silver for the last two winters. Been very happy with them, although my feet do get damp after a while. Mid you, they got damp this morning on a perfectly dry day - and I wasn't wearing overshoes....
  • blorg
    blorg Posts: 1,169
    BBB Waterflex are much thinner than the neoprene ones, keep water out but don't overheat my feet.
  • nferrar
    nferrar Posts: 2,511
    I use Lusso Max Repel ones if it's not too cold/wet, below 5 degrees(ish) though I switch to neoprene, or if it's wet because only neoprene really keeps your feet warm once water gets inside (which it will do on pretty much any overshoe if it's wet enough)
  • Prendas windstopper, as used by yours truely since 2002.
  • Just recently bought a pair of Assos Thermax Overshoes - 50 quid.

On their own, they didn't keep my feet warm, as there's an airvent in the heel that's way too big.

But one i put a pair of oversocks on underneath, they worked well.

Not really worth the money, though they are good quality and durable.
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    At those kinds of prices you may as well start looking for sturdier shoes. You can get some MTB ones for cheaper that are a bit 'heavier' than the typical road shoes.