Etiquet for changing first claim

gandhi
gandhi Posts: 187
edited February 2009 in Amateur race
I'm currently part of a club with a small but keen race team. Most of them are beginners, but are reasonably good. I'd like to move to a better team. I've won points for my current club, and they've been very cool to me in general. My motive is that I'd like to race with a large team (rather than club) and learn from better people.

Is there a standard way to do this? How about a way to do it without being hated by my old team?

Comments

• find some people that you want to ride with, Join their club and resign from your current one.

If you got your licence through the exisitng club they can be a hols about it and nothing would surprise me with cycling clubs and their all powerful comittes but it should be fine.

It sounds like you're a third or fourth cat anyway so theres no real loss to them. Clubs should either be a positive thing or move on, this isnt the 1950s wher people didnt have a choice after all.

Just treat them the way you would want to be treated.

Official etiquette is probably more confused and based on ancient social rites. beware the full moon!

Mark