cycle solutions.co.uk wheelies.co.uk - Cycle To Work Scheme

stevebendall
stevebendall Posts: 136
edited June 2014 in Commuting chat
Anyone have any experience with this particular Cycle To Work scheme

Our company is just joining the scheme. WWW.cyclesolutions.co.uk is the provider, and they source their bikes through www.wheelies.co.uk

Any experience would be useful, particularly as I am very fussy about the quality of the build of the bike, and would normally source through my LBS, which won't be an option in this case

Steve

Comments

• I have just receivedd my bike from wheelies. It had a couple of issues when it first arrived (broken shifter). I rand them up and they told me to find a LBS to assess what was required. It turned out i needed a new shifter. Wheelies sent a new set out next day and the LBS fitted the shifters and did a full safety check.

This cost a total of £29.95, I sent the invoice through to wheelies and i am just waiting on this money to be returned.

I have had good experience with thehandling of the issues I have had and their customer support has been good. Not as immediate as if you had bought it from a LBS but not that bad all the same.

i would suggest when you get you confirm that wheelies are happy to pay for a check from the LBS and you can get them to set it up as you like it. Two other guys from my company have done something similar without and complaints or hassle from Wheelies.

Hope that helps
  • Cheers for the feedback.

I accept things can go wrong with anyone, its how they are dealt with, so its good to hear about a positive experience. Thanks for that

Anyone else?
  • Rich158
    Rich158 Posts: 2,348
    I've only had to deal with Wheelies once, when my kids bikes were stolen, and my insurance co. insisted they supply the replacements. tbh they were very good, quick delivery etc and the bikes were fine when they arrived.

I would assume that customer service is a priority for them as they seem to have contracts with insurance co's etc to supply replacement bikes which they obviously don't want to lose.
    pain is temporary, the glory of beating your mates to the top of the hill lasts forever.....................

Revised FCN - 2
  • All sounds good so far, thanks!
  • I personally wouldn't recommend. The inspection by their "highly trained professionals" is non-existent in my experience. Although, this a problem with cyclesolutions.co.uk, NOT wheelies.co.uk
    I'm sure they are ok 99% of the time. Do you want to be the 1% though?! I was...
  • Cycle solutions are the worst company I have dealt with in years. I would not recommend them to anyone. I have formally complained to my HR and hope we will severe ties in future.

With cycle-2-work you sign a formal agreement which locks in a price at that point. I bought rrp about £750 of kit from these guys - all the items it said were available.

More than half of the items I ordered were not in stock, discontinued, not available in my size not deliverable until 2.5 months later etc..

This might not seem so bad but unless you match the price in the contract by buying alternative items from them - you basically loose your money.

I have bought a whole batch of items that I didn't really want - but was forced to buy due to the supply chain mismanagement.

The people on the phone were friendly - but the actually delivery was appalling - i'm still waiting for 2 items having ordered in May.

Avoid at all costs.

Regards,

Kenneth
  • twoshots
    twoshots Posts: 58
    We used to use them at my workplace. They didn't leave the best impression. We've since switched due to complaints.
    • Their prices are inflated through the scheme (you can compare cyclesolutions to wheelies to see the price difference if I remember correctly).
    • They add on a 'finance' fee (10%) but when you look at the breakdowns in cost per month they don't declare it (if you do cost pcm * 12 you'll see it). I can't remember quite where in the process I saw this but a few people picked it up and mentioned it to our scheme admins.
    • They quite often do not have items in stock (I've known lots of people order and then only get 1/2 - 3/4 of their order).
    Your experience may be different but I cannot recommend them. We have now changed to a different company but if we went back I'd rather pop down to my LBS and pay full whack.