finaly splashed out on a new bike

neil2do
neil2do Posts: 20
edited February 2009 in MTB beginners
hi all
new here and fairly new to upto date mtb,ing. use to do a fair bit years ago and have been riding around on an off but nothing regular.
now i am out of work thought i would make the most out of it and start mtb,ing
daily. so i bought a second hand cannondale f700 caad4 nice bike light and responsive,
but a bit harsh plus reliability was a bit hit an miss tis an old machine . so i decided to spend all my savings on a nice new shiny bike so i wouldnt have all those problems.
jeez theres lots of choice, anyway i had to be realistic and look for a bike that would be good for me.
rock lobster, on one or the genesis were my main choices. i wanted steel :lol:

i would of liked the rl but the frame sizes are abit odd and theres no geometry available on the website so i didnt realy know which frame size to choose, no doubt i would of got one if there were frame geom,s on the site. good spec looks cool excellent write ups.
on one 456 hmm maybe to hardcore for me an heavy, was my favorite bike though.
looks cool and local with rave reviews.
so in the end i went to test ride the genesis altitude 10 at big bear bikes pickering another
thing i wanted was to keep my sale local.
this is one realy good looking bike if you like the old school slim an slender look.
i had a test ride around the large car park in the back and was instantly hooked.
the bike just feels like a bike should feel :? actualy made me grinn an buzz which felt a bit weird, i feel like some kind of a bike perv. this bike for me just feels like a proper hard tail. anyway there was allso the altitude 20 in hmm 853 steel. unfortunatly in the large size so i never had a test ride, gave it a good grope though and i figured if the 20 rides as good as the 10 then i will be very happy and there suppose to be better so i orderd one in a 16 inch frame. dont like the colour much and there a bit under specked
compared to others, but i figure there must be a reason for that.
so i am sitting at home twidling my thumbs wondering if i have made the right decision
have i got the right sized frame the 17.5 i tested was spot on but i needed a bit more stand over clearence, should of got the rl maybe the 456 would be better.
should of got a full susser, should of test rode more.
the write ups on the genesis are all good and many thanks to bikeradar for your website
its been an excellent source of info and help. :lol:

Comments

• welcome to the forum mate
  • Vivid
    Vivid Posts: 267
    Cracking bike fella, i'm trying to make a decision at the moment, have been for the last 4 months :lol:
  • Always nice to spend money on the bike.
  • delaneya wrote:
    Always nice to spend money on the bike.

Definitely. HATE spending out on repairs though. Always feel like it could have been avoided.

Like the upgrading-all-the-crappy-bits phases I go through though - ya know, gotta get everything just *perfect*

Or is it just me??? :roll: :shock:
    Boo-yah mofo
    Sick to the power of rad
    Fix it 'till it's broke
  • well it is nice to upgrade and do your bike up, but you can end up spending a fortune and still have an old bike. i realy wanted to spend cash on me f700, but when i worked it out
    for a few more qwid i could buy a new bike. so i did, hmm not to sure if ive got the right bike but atleast shes new an shiny and reiable. :shock: :D:D