Fools

13»

Comments

• pottssteve
    pottssteve Posts: 4,069
    NapoleonD wrote:
    pottssteve wrote:
    I thought I heard Harmon say that the prat with the antlers was now sponsored by a competing TV station. That guy didn't even watch the race, but at least he didn't get in the way.
    On a couple of occasions I thought riders were impeded by the crowd. I only saw one rozzer, a stereotypical lardy Dukes of Hazzard style chap at the top of one of the climbs - clearly not enough.

How can you be sure he wasn't in fancy dress too? Heh heh

You could tell he was a real state trooper because he was too fat to run!

Back at Paris-Roubaix, just look at these animals...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/pictur ... ml?image=1
    Head Hands Heart Lungs Legs
  • ms_tree
    ms_tree Posts: 1,405
    I was shouting 'get out of the way you.......idiots - all the while wondering if AFX was shouting too! :) Those stupid women who ran in front of Pozzato - scream! Another one did it and then didn't even turn round and look. I can't stand those idiots who have to run past waving with their phone clamped to their ear - hello mum!
    In my opinion they should dope test the fans with all that alcohol; bet there were a few dodgy livers.
    'Google can bring back a hundred thousand answers. A librarian can bring you back the right one.'
    Neil Gaiman
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Ms Tree wrote:
    I was shouting 'get out of the way you.......idiots - all the while wondering if AFX was shouting too! :) Those stupid women who ran in front of Pozzato - scream! Another one did it and then didn't even turn round and look. I can't stand those idiots who have to run past waving with their phone clamped to their ear - hello mum!
    In my opinion they should dope test the fans with all that alcohol; bet there were a few dodgy livers.

Of course. How can you watch a race as eventful as that and not shout at the TV? It defies logic. Although I guess there were - ahem - other people sitting at home on Sunday night getting all excited and shouting about the golf. That defies logic too.

There was another moment in the race when one of the fans got a bit close and waved one of those inflatable clapper things in the face of Heinrich Haussler. HH sat up, turned round and gave him one of the dirtiest looks I've seen in years :shock:
  • Let's pray next year's edition will be wet and raining. Yes, I'm aware of the potential hazards awaiting riders with such conditions, but when they're riding through this, it's simply epic:

BP-HIN.jpg
  • Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    pottssteve wrote:
    Back at Paris-Roubaix, just look at these animals...
    That pic is pure art................

Tom_Boonen-fans_1383270i.jpg
  • ^ Classic.
    Take care of the luxuries and the necessites will take care of themselves.
  • pottssteve
    afx,
    I saw the Haussler look - he looked like he was going to rip their arms off :shock: , and rightly so.

Regarding the ladies above, they are, I believe, the official Boonen fanclub. The lady on the left is rubbing her hands with excitement, the one in the middle is overcome and the one on the right is explaining why Tom's so popular with the ladies.....
  • robmanic1
    robmanic1 Posts: 2,150
    Apparently one of the ladies nearly had a stroke, just wasn't quite quick enough :wink:
    Pictures are better than words because some words are big and hard to understand.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/34335188@N07/3336802663/
  • pottssteve
    Robmanic1 wrote:
    Apparently one of the ladies nearly had a stroke, just wasn't quite quick enough :wink:

I could do a joke about "village bikes" but I won't... :wink:
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    pottssteve wrote:
    Robmanic1 wrote:

I could do a joke about "village bikes" but I won't... :wink:

well Steve, have a look at these two guys about 1 min 20 into this clip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYnfWP9t ... re=related
  • liversedge
    liversedge Posts: 1,003
    Am I the only softlad that thinks calling that youtube video "Funny Cycling Clips" is bang out of order. They're not funny at all ... well apart from Ullrich on the descent of the Peyresourde.

What was the deal with those yobs at the Giro?
    --
    Obsessed is just a word elephants use to describe the dedicated. http://markliversedge.blogspot.com
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    afx237vi wrote:

Of course. How can you watch a race as eventful as that and not shout at the TV? It defies logic. Although I guess there were - ahem - other people sitting at home on Sunday night getting all excited and shouting about the golf. That defies logic too.

:shock:

I cant imagine too many people shouting at the TV while watching golf to be honest.........picture the scene Tiger strolls up to hit his second shot on the17th , picks up a blade of grasss checks the wind direction, checks the direction again, takes a 6 iron out of the bag,puts it back takes out a 7 iron out checks wind again asks for quiet takes three practice shots stops checks wind direction again another three practice swings and eventually hits the shot into the middle of the green all the while the crowd whips itself into a frenzy by shouting its in the hole when its about 6 double decker bus lenghts away ..........what drama what abslolute drama :D ..........now compare that to Paris Roubaix on Sunday and see what real spotaneous sporting drama is all about.
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    Ms Tree wrote:

There was a moment when Pozzato gave the Flandrians the middle finger at least thats what it looked like just before the right turn on carrefour where that cafe is. Not got a lot of time for Pozzato but he did get a bit of abuse and you can see liquid being thrown on him
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • liversedge
    liversedge Posts: 1,003
    Moray Gub wrote:
    I cant imagine too many people shouting at the TV while watching golf to be honest.........picture the scene Tiger strolls up to hit his second shot on the17th , picks up a blade of grasss checks the wind direction, checks the direction again, takes a 6 iron out of the bag,puts it back takes out a 7 iron out checks wind again asks for quiet takes three practice shots stops checks wind direction again another three practice swings and eventually hits the shot into the middle of the green all the while the crowd whips itself into a frenzy by shouting its in the hole when its about 6 double decker bus lenghts away ..........what drama what abslolute drama :D ..........now compare that to Paris Roubaix on Sunday and see what real spotaneous sporting drama is all about.

An ignorant view of cycling "A bunch of blokes riding their bike for 5 hours a day on for 3 weeks - jeez man, what's that televised traffic?"

An ignorant view of cricket "Televised grass, man they spend more time having tea than actually playing the game"

An ignorant view of boxing "Two blokes having a fight - see that every weekend down my local"

An ignorant view of darts "Fat beer swilling chavs. end of."

To each their own. I enjoyed the Masters on Sunday, aside from the playoff watching the world #1 and #2 having to play alongside each other despite hating each other and wanting to beat the other regardless of the outcome of the tournament was electric.
    --
    Obsessed is just a word elephants use to describe the dedicated. http://markliversedge.blogspot.com