New tyres, which ones?

amyabcd
amyabcd Posts: 51
edited February 2009 in Road buying advice
Hi, I am fairly new to road cycling and bought a 2nd hand bike last March. It had some Hutchignson folding tyres on it which I can't source, as they wore out I bought some Michelin Orium tyres . I have ridden the bike 60 miles since then and had 2 punctures :evil: I never had any with the old tyres.

Please can someone recomend some thing that is not so puncture prone? I am quite heavy so something where I can run approx 110 psi would be good.

Many Thanks
Amy

Comments

• rjsmith
    rjsmith Posts: 1,924
    Michelin Krylion Carbons.

Use the search facility and you will find lots of good tyre advice in past threads that will help you.
  • Continental GP4000s are good.
    I ride on very rural roads, and puncture resistance and hard wearing are important to me.

I use GP4000, the 25mm ones. They're no slower (i've won races on them), but you get a little more comfort.

SB
  • Thanks I will have a look at those.

( the search on here is rubbish and this is the 5th time I have tried to post it is going so slowly.)

Thanks Amy
  • don key
    don key Posts: 494
    Continental GP4000s are good.
    I ride on very rural roads, and puncture resistance and hard wearing are important to me.

I use GP4000, the 25mm ones. They're no slower (i've won races on them), but you get a little more comfort.

SB

I'm on these aswell and have not had one puncture since October, I am on old wheels but they are very fast.
  • Conti GP or Conti Gator Skin for great puncture-proofness :) (probably just jinxed my next ride!) :roll:
    Jens says "Shut up legs !! "

Specialized S-Works SaxoBank SL4 Tarmac Di2