Tour of California Stage 7 *spoiler*

DaveyL
DaveyL Posts: 5,167
edited February 2009 in Pro race
20 miles into the stage, lots of riders trying to get away but nothing sticking so far. Garmin riding pretty hard on the front trying to break it up.

Who do we all fancy today then? If Cav can hang on over the big climb, I reckon he can do it again.
Le Blaireau (1)

Comments

• csp
    csp Posts: 777
    I think Voigt will try to break away on the climb.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    DaveyL wrote:
    Who do we all fancy today then? If Cav can hang on over the big climb, I reckon he can do it again.

That's why they must work to shed him on the climb.

I hope it's a break. They provide a lot more value for money in the entertainment stakes.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • DaveyL
    Tyler looks like he's about to pack it in.
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • DaveyL
    A Cervelo fell off the roof of the Cervelo Test Team car as it passed the bunch. Ouch.
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • DaveyL
    Mancebo hit the deck. Doesn't look good.
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Fantastic final 30m / 45m to that stage. Cracking stuff.
  • Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    afx237vi wrote:
    Fantastic final 30m / 45m to that stage. Cracking stuff.
    But did anyone see the final 500 metres? Lost the feed (again) just in time for the finish :x

Great stage, some of the best racing I've seen (in places) since in a while. Nocentini played it very cool as I think he was the least strong of the 3 of them, but knew he had the sprint when it mattered.
  • guv001
    guv001 Posts: 688
    A classic ITV moment at the end of stage 7. Loss of feed at the vital moment...you can't buy mistakes like that.
  • DaveyL
    I was watching it online on the ATOC tracker and the feed was OK. The commentary is dreadful though.

The other day they had Saul Raisin on. Great to hear the guy is doing well, and trying to get into IM Hawaii, but to say JJ Haedo is the fastest guy out there???
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • that must of been one of the best stage finishes i ever did see!