First ride back out

Thewaylander
Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
edited February 2009 in MTB rides
Just wanted to say, Mtbing is a great sport full of great people.

Went out to Cwm carn after 4-5 months off the bike with illnes,including a lung infection that had me pretty much useless for a month.
It was really hard work and was physically sick on the climb. but every time i saw someone they smiled encouraged me and kept me moving so i got round.. I was so pleased a good start to get my fitness back, but every person who kept me going cheers cos i wanted to turn back after the first hill!

Comments

• KonaMike
    KonaMike Posts: 805
    About 3 weeks ago I went to Cwmcarn after a long break and the climb nearly killed me !
    Sorry to hear you have been ill mate,were all the sections of the XC course open as they had closed the Freeride and the section straight after it when I was there !
  • good effort mate. i rode there today for the first time. i consider myself reasonably fit, and i found the hill lung busting in places. it was my hands, wrists and forearms that took the most punishment tho. i dont usually get to ride such technical routes so my upper body took a pounding. its the first time i've ridden a climb that was so technical as well, and i really struggled in places.
  • the freeride section was closed, looks like theres a major overhaul going on there. everything else was open tho
  • OwenB
    OwenB Posts: 606
    Good on you mate, I've really let myself down on getting out recently through lack of riding buddies to some illness and minor injuries and now though I want to get out and ride I'm pretty nervous as to how I'll manage when I get there.

Forcing myself to go out for the first time in a while to Grizedale on Monday night, from then on in I'm determined to keep pushing myself ready for some epics in Summer.

Think I'd be hard pushed to ride much more than 10-15 miles off road at the moment but really want to be able to do those distances easily
  • Just keep working on it till the body surrenders :)

It was all open on the XC route mate, will be back up next weekend after my poor bum recovers fromt he shock of being in a saddle again!