My final commute, DENIED!

AndyOgy
AndyOgy Posts: 579
edited February 2009 in Commuting chat
I've just become another casualty of this credit crunch thing and worked my last day yesterday. I had been lifting my spirits with thoughts of my last ride home and was gonna make it the ride of my life, longer route, try for new PB's on max/avg speed, do some alleycat style riding through some particularly traffic filled parts of Brightton etc.

Sadly, I had to take home more gear than I could fit into my Camelback and the boss said that he'd arranged for myself and Tyrone (my bike) to be transported home. It was one of those terribly frustrating situations where I had to appear polite and thankfull but at the same time, I was massively disappointed.

Ah well, since it doesn't look like I'll be working again anytime soon, at least i've now got loads of daylight riding time for non-commuting pleasure riding.

Question is, am I still welcome in here or will I be shunned since I'm not currently actively commuting by bike? I do other kinds of riding, XC and road mainly but most of my miles have been clocked up whilst commuting so I just feel that this is the forum area where I belong.

Comments

• alfablue
    alfablue Posts: 8,497
    So sorry to hear that Andy - the last ride home - gutting (whether on the bike or not!). Hope you can keep your spirits and your cycling up - and that you find work soon. I am sure the forum can accommodate temporarily "resting" commuters!
  • Sorry to hear the news Andy.

As for the commuting forum, we're a broad church. It isn't that you're not commuting, you're just getting some extra training in for when you start again. Good luck with the job hunt
    Pain is only weakness leaving the body
  • Rich158
    Rich158 Posts: 2,348
    Sorry to hear the bad news Andy, you're not alone, I find out next week who stays and who goes :cry:

Get out on the bike and keep your spirits up, I always feel a lot more positive after a good hard 2-3 hour ride. Good luck on the job hunting front.
    pain is temporary, the glory of beating your mates to the top of the hill lasts forever.....................

Revised FCN - 2
  • chuckcork
    chuckcork Posts: 1,471
    Good luck with finding a new job, I hate to say it but you'll need it.

I've been told rather too often lately that I have a "good CV" and the people who've reviewed it have "quite liked it" but I'm still not selected for interview and still no job.

Then again when there are 300+ people going for the same job (in architects offices) you've probably got to offer your first born child + your sleeping partner to have much of a chance....
    'Twas Mulga Bill, from Eaglehawk, that caught the cycling craze....