fail.

The Northern Monkey
The Northern Monkey Posts: 19,174
edited February 2009 in The Crudcatcher
Urgh, exam results suck. Passed 2 pretty well and failed 1.

ARRRGGHH. FFS. can't be arsed with this shite anymore.

load of bolloks. not even a module a wanted to do FFS. forced into it because my lecturer fucked my 2nd year options.

Gah, i don't even heve my fecking wheel back from CRC so I can't even go de-stress tomorrow on my bike.

ARGGRRRRRAAHHHH.

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Do you get a resit?

Time to get drunk!
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    ben, just a tip.

it is easier to get it done now that it is later.

I went to ubi at 29ish and had a full time job lots of work.

still got a 2.2 with Hons.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • aye re-sit is in may/june with my next lot.

every set of exams i've had i've failed 1. thort I was well prepped for these exams.

Its not that I don't know my stuff, i just end up rushing because I get bored. I can't physically sit in the same place for 2-3 hours. Plus the format of the exam changed, didn't get any choices, had to answer everything. Just herd that lots of m mates failed too.

It just winds me up that for my course I learn more out of lectures than I do in them. The "lectures" are powerpoints that I could write better myself using the core text. some of them are just papers from DoH or WHO put into a powerpoint.
  • nicklouse
    i took computing 3 times until someone told me that it was open book!

thats what happens when you blag your way onto a course 2 weeks late, you miss those magic words given in the first lecture. "Open book".

Good luck.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
  • lol. doubt that'd help me anyways!

gonna go see the course leader on tuesday to see if I can figure out why I failed.

cheers, I need it :shock:
  • supersonic
    I said before Ben, I was the same. Got bored quick. However I think that it is more important not to be bored in your job than a couple of years of a boring course. if that course will give you what you want.

Uni for me became playing darts, getting drunk and going on the pull!
  • supersonic wrote:
    I said before Ben, I was the same. Got bored quick. However I think that it is more important not to be bored in your job than a couple of years of a boring course. if that course will give you what you want.

Uni for me became playing darts, getting drunk and going on the pull!

thats what uni is anyways isn't it? :lol:

Its because I was forced to do a module I didn't want to... Health in the Developing World. Was malaria, HIV etc etc. I'm more interested in the food/fluid and effect it has on the body. HDW was like GCSE geography :roll:
  • nicklouse
    supersonic wrote:

Uni for me became , getting drunk and going on the pull!

that is what i did.

Oh and the odd allnighter doing "work"

and being a student rocks. Fu*k i might go and do it all again out here if i can find a way to cover costs.
  • :lol: I haven't worked while being at Uni.. just worked my ass off every summer to cover myself.

I've had unfinished essays to be in the next day, and have put them to one side, gone pub and then come back at 2am and finished it :D
    did alright too :lol:
  • supersonic
    Oh god, done that before! 8 pints, in when the sun comes up, typing away! Great years, pity the course was boring and ran by living corpses, but I ended up doing what I wanted to do. And everyone should do what they wanna do.
  • well i was doing sports science. that class was full of upper class tw@s (and i'm not joking either).
    Much prefer nutrition.

best time we had was when we went to a day club in London called the church (midday till 4pm).

Started drinking at 9am in the halls common room, i was dressed as a monk.
    By 11am we were on a tube in central london, 1 of my mates barfing in a crate, 1 of the girls practical passed out and someone attempting to buy weed from every other person on the train.
    got to the church, 6 out of the 11 of us got in, the rest either couldn't walk on their own or had been drinking wife beater so wer a bit violent.

about £60 later we were on our way home, got to uni and went straight for dinner.
    got back to halls and did an all nighter. got thru so much alcohol it was unbelievable.

went for a 9am lecture pissed out of my face with a few cans of strongbow, my mate took a bottle of vodka. (i was still dressed as a monk).

now that was an awesome night to remember. spent around £150 in the end :lol:
  • supersonic
    Bloody nora, do you still have a liver?!

Used to take beer into lectures hehe, gotta get started early sometimes ;-)

Remember once had an 8 hour sesh, then so much coffee that by the time it was 7am and the sun was up we went for a bike ride, no sleep. Sort of urban assault on York city centre hehe.
  • lol yea. don't think I had a drink for about a month after that :D

my 1 regret for uni was coming down south. haven't really "clicked" with many people here. would hav much rather gone liverpool lancaster or UCLAN looking back :(
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,870
    green with envy..................

missing being a student - seemed to have a bigger disposable income & def went cycling a lot more. But at least with work I get to..................... urm................... there must be some positives...................................... urm................. I get cheap car parts (yep that seems to be it)!
  • gah i can't bloody believe it. Wheel turned up this morning but I didnt hear the door (at 7:24am!!).
    But my room is right next to the door so he didn't ring the bell or knock very loud.

FFS. gotta wait til tuesday now :evil:
  • At least its here Ben!

I opted for work instead of Uni after school. I'm glad I didn't have the uni debts that my other mates have now, but not glad I didn't experience the uni stories of drinking and merriement, thats life I guess, you take your choice and make the best of what you have chosen.
  • bigbenj_08 wrote:
    well i was doing sports science. that class was full of upper class tw@s (and i'm not joking either).
    Much prefer nutrition.

best time we had was when we went to a day club in London called the church (midday till 4pm).

Started drinking at 9am in the halls common room, i was dressed as a monk.
    By 11am we were on a tube in central london, 1 of my mates barfing in a crate, 1 of the girls practical passed out and someone attempting to buy weed from every other person on the train.
    got to the church, 6 out of the 11 of us got in, the rest either couldn't walk on their own or had been drinking wife beater so wer a bit violent.

about £60 later we were on our way home, got to uni and went straight for dinner.
    got back to halls and did an all nighter. got thru so much alcohol it was unbelievable.

went for a 9am lecture pissed out of my face with a few cans of strongbow, my mate took a bottle of vodka. (i was still dressed as a monk).

now that was an awesome night to remember. spent around £150 in the end :lol:

sports science / nutrition + student life = irony :D
  • At least its here Ben!

I opted for work instead of Uni after school. I'm glad I didn't have the uni debts that my other mates have now, but not glad I didn't experience the uni stories of drinking and merriement, thats life I guess, you take your choice and make the best of what you have chosen.

I s'pose, but im at uni on tuesday, will have to depend on my apparently deaf housemates
    :shock:

Ye debt is pretty big for me, i'm on around £25,000 in debt, plus my overdraft :(
  • xtreem
    xtreem Posts: 2,965
    So here's my results on the first semester (half year):
    Mathematics 1
    Programing 1
    Application software 1
    Internet and Multimedia
    English 1
    8 (not officialy)

Average 9.6. :D
    So far so good.
    I step closer to the bigger scholarship. :D
  • Xtreem
    Showoff :P
  • xtreem
    xtreem Posts: 2,965
    Had to tell someone. :D
    Don't have a custom build to showoff. :P
  • neither do I yet :cry:

now your just rubbing it in :lol:
  • stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    Ye debt is pretty big for me, i'm on around £25,000 in debt, plus my overdraft

What the hell are you spending it all on :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Mind you I was bl**dy lucky. My last year was the year they first introduced the loans, I still got a small grant and no tuition fees.

Seems like a looonnnnnnngggggg time ago now though :cry: . I got more life skills out of university (when the f*ck did everyone start calling it 'uni', I blame neighbours for that :evil: ) than qualifications, got a 2:2 in chemistry (discovered rock climbing so the 2:1 went out the window). Never used the knowledge I got, been a manufacturing / process improvement engineer for the last 13 years, should of done engineering really :roll:
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result
  • i don't see much of it!
    Majority is on Uni fees/Tuition fees (i'm in london so its higher than normal)
    then i've got house rent..thats £420sih pm without bills/food. (yep our 3 bed house that we've stuffed 4 people into costs £1680 a month!! and that was cheap for what we've got! most places didnt have central heating/double glazing and were only a few hundred cheaper!)

i've had to work my ass off every summer to survive, and have saved tiny amounts to be able to build my bike (i've actually spent too much and i'm now suffering (i'm on a tenner a week until april :cry:

also because of the asshole way that the funding is set up, I get little/no help in the form of grants because my parents "earn too much". the fact that they have me, 2 other brothers and a sister to care for doesn't reflect the "funding brackets". My dad is supposed to make up the rest of my loan out of his own pocket (which I know he can't actually afford).

In contrast, My GF gets more loan than me, over £3000 in grants and a bursary from the uni. Yea, her parents earn less than mine, but they only have one other daughter (who is 27) and obviously she looks after herself. My GF has more money than she knows what to do with!! (luckily for me ;))

thinking about it.... Uni frigging sucks.
  • supersonic
    Ruddy hell, that is expensive rent!

It was a while ago, but our halls weer 33 p/w, and the house we had in the 2nd and 4th year were both 176 pcm.
  • tell me about it :cry:
    The windows are rotten (the double glazing doesn't exactly work), the central heating is either on or off, so our gas bill was mahooosive over xmas, the place is full of damp and the sinks block every 5 mins :lol:

BUT, its a billion times better than some of the stuff we did see!! one of the place they'd literally stuffed 4 people into (someone was sleeping in the kitchen, and this was described as a 4 bed house) and I couldn't actually stand up in 2 of the rooms!! that place was £50 cheaper than what we're paying!
  • supersonic
    Ours was great! 5 bed (though one was a downstairs room conversion), big kitchen and lounge, patio and patio doors, garage, huge garden with our own gardner.

176 per month in 1998! And we got grants lol.
  • Git. :lol:

I'm downstairs, 3 people upstairs, got my baseball bat within arms length and my bike chained to my bed :lol:
    Don't live too far from Hounslow so i'm not taking any chances :twisted:

oh and i keep my big park pedal spanner in easy reach in my bag if I ride to uni... just incase my pedal comes undone of course ;)