Colnago?

meagain
meagain Posts: 2,331
edited February 2009 in Workshop
Ages since I've had a pretend racing bike, but rather fancy a toy for the "summer". Is this on th'bay worth a few punts (up to a grand)?. Just that it's ver' pretty and all alu frame (don't like mixed material stuff).

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... otohosting
d.j.
"Cancel my subscription to the resurrection."

Comments

• sward29
    sward29 Posts: 205
    I used to have a Colnago Dream and I sold it after a couple of seasons as I found it to be uncomfortably stiff. I have since read several other people say the same thing about it which is why I believe that Colnago started to add carbon seat stays. Having said that the handling was top notch and it looked the mutts nuts but I would perhaps look for an alternative if you are planning some long rides.
  • meagain
    Thanks for that - as to long rides, mostly only 25 mile potter, 40 max.
    d.j.
  • sward29
    sward29 Posts: 205
    Should be spot on for you then.
  • I suspect it will go up... only the wheels normally sell on E-bay for 300 or so.

If you only cycle 25 miles, this is probably a bit over the top... especially the high profile Cosmics... they're not every day easy to use wheels
    left the forum March 2023
  • meagain
    I agree! At a guestimate it'll do about 900 quid. Already factored selling on the wheels and building something cheaper into what I laughingly call my calculations!
    And it is certainly OTT, surely part of the attraction?
    d.j.