Stage 5 *spoiler*

cullen_bay
cullen_bay Posts: 256
edited February 2009 in Pro race
around 42 miles in, theres a 5 person break away with peter weening, cameron evans, mathew crane, jefrey louder and robert gunn.

Comments

• SPoiL

cav out frags boonen to another win
  • i meant out drags
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    impressive it was too.
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    A fine gallop, but why does he appear to be drawing attention to what looks like a pee-stain in his shorts?

http://www.bikeradar.com/road/gallery/a ... age-report
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • andylav
    andylav Posts: 308
    edited February 2009
    Is it just me or do a couple of the Astana domestiques look huge - there were two riding on the front in the early stages on Wednesday and Thursday's stages that were built like prop forwards / linebackers. Looked really out of proportion to the other riders round about them.

Loved the dual lead outs on either side of the road - brilliant finish
  • Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    That was a great sprint by Cav - thought he'd gone from way too far out but he kept pulling away from Boonen all the way to the line. 8)

How cool was the "battle of the lead-out trains" as well. Cervelo got roasted.
  • DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    The lead out train "drag race" (as the commentators on the live feed called it) was pretty impressive. God those guys were travelling in the last few kms. It was good to see Big Jens at the front for a bit but it was never going to stick.
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • white shorts - always a bit of a fashion no-no
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    I didn't see the stage. How did Horillo end up third among all the sprinters? Final km attack like the day before?