California Stage 4 *spoiler*

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited February 2009 in Pro race
Go Tyler!

:wink:
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    In the words of Oleg Tinkoff, "I'm sick of this guy Tyler Hamilton"...
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Yeah yeah Oleg, but lets not forgot you lost the court case.

Go on Davey, cheer for Rogers, Danielson or Hincapie then... :D
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    I'm sulking cos Millar's not riding :wink:
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    Both Freire and Kirchen are out, possibly their early season targets like Milan - San Remo and the Ardennes classics are out now.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Oof, lots of people picked Freire today. I'm not watching, is it looking like a bunch sprint? 'Cos that could be 0 for everyone.
  • JC.152
    JC.152 Posts: 645
    just seen on another website that they've found Lances bike without wheels anyone know any more?
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    It's a factory standard Trek. What is so exciting about this bike, it's not as if he's had to borrow someone else's bike this week is it? One blog was even alleging it's a stunt by Astana / Trek to get some free advertising, I'm not sure about that though.
  • JC.152
    JC.152 Posts: 645
    yeah its a factory standard one underneath the california painted frame with all of his numbers and logos that make it uselss to ride or sell on

the only way the theives could do with it would be to strip off the paint then spray it up as summat else but they'd have do it themselves cos of everyone knowing about his biike being nicked so it would probly be easier just to dump the frame and get wheels and them new sram stuff
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    Cav's win - a good omen for the Tour. He managed to get over the "moyenne" mountains nicely there. Looks like a Maillot Vert is within his grasp this year.
  • Didn't anybody see Armstrong push the guy who was protesting doping, into the snow?
    Cav nearly did a Zabel.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Didn't anybody see Armstrong push the guy who was protesting doping, into the snow?
    quote]

The other half wouldn't let me stay up late enough to watch anything past one of the astana riders flinging a bottle straight into the rest of the peloton. Kindly explain the above incident.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • Doobz
    Doobz Posts: 2,800
    Didn't anybody see Armstrong push the guy who was protesting doping, into the snow?
    Cav nearly did a Zabel.

haha yea - the dude who had "Live Clean" on his top..

did you also see the photographer trying to run along side the dude with the horns to try and get a front on pic?

Very Exiting stage.. I was gutted that tyler or one of the 3 breakaways didnt get a win..
    cartoon.jpg
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    [Didn't anybody see Armstrong push the guy who was protesting doping, into the snow?
    quote]

The other half wouldn't let me stay up late enough to watch anything past one of the astana riders flinging a bottle straight into the rest of the peloton. Kindly explain the above incident.

Well first off you need to get the missus told watching cycling on TV knows no time barriers :-) Anyway one of these characters who run alongside the peleton as they are climbing mountains/hills was dressed up with a liveclean on his back and had a fork type thing with two big syringes on it. Alongside a few other fannys he had been running in front of the breakway riders anyway the peleton arrived and as Lance came alongside him think the guy was getting ready to shout abuse he gave him a shove and the guy went headfirst into the snow. Quite amusing incident as these guys can be quite annoying.

MG
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • stagehopper
    stagehopper Posts: 1,593
    Moray Gub wrote:
    Anyway one of these characters who run alongside the peloton as they are climbing mountains/hills was dressed up with a liveclean on his back and had a fork type thing with two big syringes on it ... he had been running in front of the breakway riders anyway the peloton arrived and as Lance came alongside him think the guy was getting ready to shout abuse he gave him a shove and the guy went headfirst into the snow.

The lengths Paul Kimmage will go to for an interview.
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    Doobz wrote:
    [quote

did you also see the photographer trying to run along side the dude with the horns to try and get a front on pic?

Reminded of last years classic when a guy with horns on got his flag nicked by Flecha during the Vuelta.

MG
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • It's good to see that the crowd getting into this race as intensely as Europeans.

if people consider them annoying, them maybe they prefer the Vuelta, where no one shows up.

I find Armstrong pushing a critic's head into the snow a huge metaphor for doping in cycling, it really says, "join the rest of my fans".
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,069
    Moray Gub wrote:
    Reminded of last years classic when a guy with horns on got his flag nicked by Flecha during the Vuelta.

MG
    Always worth watching again for the comedy value;

http://in.truveo.com/Juan-Antonio-Flech ... 3962025689