Route 54 in Derbyshire

Kiblams
Kiblams Posts: 2,423
edited February 2009 in MTB rides
I live near to the start/part of the national cycle route 54/56 and this gets me to Etwall and Burton (southwards). What I would like to know is if anyone knows of a place that I can get some good offroad riding close to this route or any others within 30 mins riding of Derby city centre?

I live in the west side of the city and am getting itchy feet to tackle some mud/roots/rocks that aren't on Markeaton Park. I can't drive yet so will need to be able to ride to them easily, so any suggestions for a desperate MTBer are very welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• just to the south of the city, before you get to Ticknall on the A514 is a big set of woods, the name of which eludes me. I'm not sure what the riding is like these days but it used to be talked about by guys I knew who rode.
    Start Weight 18st 13lbs March 2009
    17st 10lbs August 2009
    17st 4lbs October 2009
    15st 12lbs December 2010

Final planned weight 12st 7lbs
  • I am also on west side of Derby, there are some cracking routes in the peaks which are only 40 mins from Mackworth side of Town .....I would be happy to hook up and try out some routes with a MTB Buddy!!
    PM me if you fancy it ?
    I do have transport so thats no problem maybe go halves on fuel?
    Mountain Blaster :lol:
    Livin The Dream.........Livin To Ride ........Lovin The Hills
  • There are quite a few tracks and bridle paths to the west of Derby, but you may find it difficult to link them into a decent route without miles of tarmac inbetween. Buy the OS map 259 (Derby) and start exploring.

If you hook up with mountain blaster, the link in my signature gives some routes in the southern peak less than 30 mins drive from Derby.