Pollok Park Black Run- The Verdict.

Banned!
Banned! Posts: 34
edited March 2009 in Routes
Fizzucking Bizalls

the hardcore has sunk into the ruts the dump trucks left, like I told the builders would happen. these were full of water and all that has happened is that the hadrcore has absorbed this and it totally unstable, and now riding the trails feels like youre riding a lumpy sponge that changes shape every 2 seconds.

a complete waste of time, money and a perfectly good natural track.

Comments

• It's funny how a lot of trail builders never take on advice of riders/people that know better.

Our local trails are currently being destroyed by 'trail builders', instead of making new one's they're ruining what is already there. Muppets.

Strike them all down Jesus, please.....
    Scott Scale Custom
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v496/ ... C09729.jpg

Kona Coilair 2007 Dark Peak Destroyer
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v496/ ... C09727.jpg

"BOCD - If it aint perfect it aint good enough"
  • im not impressed with it, £40,000 could have been put to much better use
  • BoardinBob
    BoardinBob Posts: 697
    Hmmm.

I went for a blast round the trails yesterday. First time since all the work has been done and to be honest, the work's been pretty worthwhile.

I didn't bother with the "black" section but there were lots of very serious looking kids with full face helmets and long travel bikes, throwing themselves off the jumps in a very impressive manner.

The main trails though were pretty good. They've tackled the main problem areas in terms of drainage and the trails seemed to flow a lot better.

They were fairly busy as well yesterday which was good to see though there were still far too many dog walkers on the trails!!!
  • marinman1
    marinman1 Posts: 262
    having being riding them for a while now i think the improvements have been worth it. that was us in the blck section yesterday, were you the rider on the spesh with an unlimited supply of energy? must have done the trails about 10 times while we were standing there.
  • i have to agree the trails are so much better. the black run flows realy well and is good fun, so much so that im going back down tomorrow.
  • BoardinBob
    marinman1 wrote:
    having being riding them for a while now i think the improvements have been worth it. that was us in the blck section yesterday, were you the rider on the spesh with an unlimited supply of energy? must have done the trails about 10 times while we were standing there.

Black spesh, camo shorts and camo top? Yeah that's me :lol:

Was that you I passed on the way down the really muddy "secret" trail?
  • yeah it was. you have some amount of endurance.
  • BoardinBob
    :lol:

Ach not really, I'm just in training for a race so it was head down and push myself mode. I'll say hello next time.
  • docker0141
    docker0141 Posts: 605
    BoardinBob wrote:
    throwing themselves off the jumps in a very impressive manner.
    thanks 8)

it is a nice bit of trail. way too short but there isn't really anything can be done about that
  • BoardinBob
    Yeah you were all very good and it's great to see the trails getting some proper use!
  • allyharp
    allyharp Posts: 57
    Where are these "secret" trails?

Just in case I head over again anytime!
  • BoardinBob
    check your messages :wink: