SRAM pronunciation

2»

Comments

• Kenjaja1
    Kenjaja1 Posts: 744
    bazbadger wrote:
    They should automatically supply you with Campagnola (however you say it) when asking for the part.

I thought Campagnola was a peculiar shade of paint....

you live and learn.

nto so muhc a paint more a sgin of a dsylexic kyebaord :oops: :roll:
  • Continuing the theme. How do you pronounce Madone as in Trek Madone?
    Is it:

1. Madown
    2. Madoney
    3. Mad One (probably not!)
    4. None of these

Thanks
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,439
    Number 3 for me. It's the only way that makes sense :)
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    It's a French word, so "ma-don(g)" I would guess!
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,439
    biondino wrote:
    It's a French word, so "ma-don(g)" I would guess!

Ahh thats why it doesn't make sense to me, I should really understand this cycling thing more :oops:
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • andy_wrx
    andy_wrx Posts: 3,396
    man2wolf wrote:
    Continuing the theme. How do you pronounce Madone as in Trek Madone?
    Is it:

1. Madown
    2. Madoney
    3. Mad One (probably not!)
    4. None of these

Thanks

Well, St Lance's bike shop is called 'Mellow Johnny's' because that's how they promounce 'maillot jaune' in Texas, so obviously it must be 'Maddonny'...
  • nwallace
    nwallace Posts: 1,465
    nwallace wrote:
    SchRAM.

Wouldn't SSS-RAMbe βRAM?

I can't rmember German well enough, but most words I remember starting with S, sounded like Sch, though I think they all were Sh---

Cock, I'm confusing the american SRAM with their german child company Sachs,

It's and Acronym though according to Wikifalsica.

S(cott), R(ay), (s)AM

So S. R. 'AM
    Do Nellyphants count?

Commuter: FCN 9
    Cheapo Roadie: FCN 5
    Off Road: FCN 11

+1 when I don't get round to shaving for x days
  • Well, personally, anyone using SRAM (Ess-Ram) or Campagnolo (Cam-Pag-Nolo) should be shot!! :o

Just kidding :twisted: I use Shimano (Shim-Arno) but mostly use my single-speed, so don't have any confusion! One gear is ample - if not, get bigger legs!! :wink:
    Boo-yah mofo
    Sick to the power of rad
    Fix it 'till it's broke
  • Kenjaja1
    Kenjaja1 Posts: 744
    A couple of old dears went on a coach tour of Wales and stopped for a while at Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch. They popped into a restaurant for a bite to eat and after a bit of discussion about the pronunciation of Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch they called a waitress and asked her, "How do you pronounce the name of this place?"

The waitress looked a bit puzzled and then replied, speaking very slowly, "Burger King"

With acknowledgement to Time Team who claim this joke was engraved into a piece of stone found amongst other ancient British artefacts during an archaeological dig in the Bristol estuary.

On the matter of pronunciation and bicycle stuff I feel that this will cease to be an issue just as soon as those of you who are currently buying the wrong gear stop doing so and start buying the correct equipment.

So, on your next visit to your LBS, remember to ask for "CAMPAGNOLO". If you are nervous about your pronunciation then you can use the familiar shortened form of "CAMPAG"

And remember that if the man in the LBS tells you they do not have what you want but offers "Shimano", "SRAM" or something else then the correct response is to say nothing. Simply spit on the floor of your (ex) LBS and walk out.
  • !!!!!SINGLESPEED!!!! (well dual ......pedal or push) :lol:
    But seriously I grew up Campagnolo but now ride SRAM
    like Luke 'USE THE FORCE'.....
    Andrew