what grease should i buy

andy610
andy610 Posts: 602
edited February 2009 in Road beginners
anyone know what grease i should buy for the headset bearings and wheel bearings on my trek pilot 1.0

Comments

• Standard LPM Grease should be fine (lithium multi-purpose) get a large tub and it`ll last a lifetime if you keep the lid on :wink:
    Jens says "Shut up legs !! "

Specialized S-Works SaxoBank SL4 Tarmac Di2
  • k-dog
    k-dog Posts: 1,652
    I really like the Dura-Ace stuff you can get in little tubs. It's reasonable expensive but works really well.

I've used it for just over a year now and after stripping wheels even in the middle of winter there is a lot of grease still there and it looks pretty good - a lot better than the Finish Line that I used to use - which was mostly gone after a couple of months.

You can get it at Chain Reaction.
    I'm left handed, if that matters.
  • +1 for the Dura-Ace grease. I got a big tub, which will probably out-last me. BUT, you absolutely MUST keep it clean. Get a clean spoon, preferably your mums best tea-spoon, and use the little lid-insert that comes with it (if you get a big tub), if not, use the lid.

Or if you don't trust yourself / cant be arsed to strip everything down completely get one of these grease guns. Abolutley brilliant.

Exustar grease gun
    Boo-yah mofo
    Sick to the power of rad
    Fix it 'till it's broke