Yippee sore legs no more

mongoosed
mongoosed Posts: 315
edited February 2009 in MTB beginners
Went out yesterday and today and didn't get sore legs,probably wont be able to walk tomorrow though :D

Comments

• youre not riding fast or far enough.
  • youre not riding fast or far enough.

Aye you're probably right.
  • Furkuk
    Furkuk Posts: 71
    My legs just have this constant ache but in a good way :lol:
    getting used to the pain now :D
    Now the owner of a GT Aggressor XC 3
  • jayson
    jayson Posts: 4,606
    Furkuk wrote:

Its actually worse for u to over do it, let ur legs rest for a couple days and you'll be amazed how much better and quicker you'll ride.
  • AndyBike
    AndyBike Posts: 126
    Do some proper stretching after your ride, do it right and thouroughly and it can make a massive difference to muscle soreness.

And eat some good food pref. with protien in as soon after too.
  • Stoo61
    Stoo61 Posts: 1,394
    Has anyone had ridiculous muscle pain? Like....excrutiating...I was thinking about phoning an ambulance once but it went away. I thought I had burst something important or summit. :roll:
  • Kiblams
    Kiblams Posts: 2,423
    Stoo61 wrote:
    Has anyone had ridiculous muscle pain? Like....excrutiating...I was thinking about phoning an ambulance once but it went away. I thought I had burst something important or summit. :roll:

Possibly muscle cramp?
  • Stoo61
    Stoo61 Posts: 1,394
    Kiblams wrote:
    Stoo61 wrote:

Possibly muscle cramp?

No, im no stranger to cramp, usually get it in both legs when playing football and fall flat on my arse. It really is a strange thing in the thighs.
  • AndyBike
    AndyBike Posts: 126
    Stoo61 wrote:

What does a "ridiculous muscle pain? Like....excrutiating "feel like. Can you describe it more. I have never heard of anything like youve described but am intrigued.
  • robmanic1
    robmanic1 Posts: 2,150
    jayson wrote:
    Furkuk wrote:

Its actually worse for u to over do it, let ur legs rest for a couple days and you'll be amazed how much better and quicker you'll ride.

Better yet, go for an easy spin today and work the lactic acid out of your muscles, that is what causes the "achey-burney" feeling, and always remember to warm up AND warm down properly. Loads of hints and tips on the fitness and training headings on here.

Pain is only weakness leaving the body, or some bollox.
    Pictures are better than words because some words are big and hard to understand.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/34335188@N07/3336802663/