aldi clothing

40427 Posts: 119
edited February 2009 in Road beginners
do the aldi bib shorts come with a chamois insert or are they without one.

http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers/58_5814.htm thats the website if you need it. :P :lol: :?:

Comments

• alfablue
    alfablue Posts: 8,497
    With one, but they were baggy round the ar*e and the effect was that of wearing an incontinence pad (I imagine). The bib part was also too long, sizing is peculiar.
    40427 Posts: 119
    what size are you then or should i just avoid them completely?
  • alfablue
    alfablue Posts: 8,497
    I'm a large waist in a 5'10" body - I think the legs are too short in relation to the body. The pad is pretty flimsy as well. Their jersey was really good, though it is way too long as well (but I can live with that) so either I'm distorted or their view of the human frame is! (I think its them, other brands fit me fine, though I am short legged and long bodied). I would say avoid, but they are cheap enough to try them out (or they will accept returns no prob).
  • Are you going back in time or something, to buy them??!!!. :lol:
    Ethernet (noun): Something used to catch the etherbunny.
    Road : Pinarello FP1 | MTB : Cube Acid 2010
  • k-dog
    k-dog Posts: 1,652
    There's a few things that you can skimp on - gilets, jerseys and the like - but I wouldn't go near those shorts.

It's not so much the pad - they use a similar pad to a lot of companies - but the thin material and poor craftmanship.

You would be much better off getting something like the DHB range - obviously they are more expensive but you will find them a lot more comfortable and they'll last a lot longer too.

There summer stuff won't be around for another month or so anyway.
    I'm left handed, if that matters.