Is a 115mile cycle a cold cure?

holmeboy
holmeboy Posts: 674
I've got the cold and a 115mile cycle tommorrow, sore head, runny nose, tickly cough and felt underpar all week. First organised event tommorrow and I.m still going for it, bike cleaned, oiled and arranged to meet fellow cyclists, sod it. Bloody typical! Still going to give it lal'dy! All that fresh air should clear my heed, better than staying in and suferring! :evil: :cry: :oops: :x :? :( :shock:

Yeah sorry it's just me again, done me 115 mile cycle and me head has cleared, cough and runny nose not so bad, feeling a bit tired but at least I know why. Glad I went for it although a lot was into the wind and managed an average mph of 16.8, not to hilly. Probally suffer for it tommorrow but it's only work. Question is will i be able to cycle in? :D:):o :shock: 8) :lol: :P :x :wink:

Comments

• Er, no.
  • caw35slr
    caw35slr Posts: 439
    The Cyclists Training Bible contains a rule of thumb: if what ails you is below your neck, don't train.

Er, consult your GP. <--- That'll be a disclaimer then.
  • holmeboy
    holmeboy Posts: 674
    Yer, paid the price, 4 days off work, paltry 18 miles on Sunday and a slow cycle in and out of work today. Still chesty Nuff said1 :oops:
  • lfcquin
    lfcquin Posts: 470
    holmeboy wrote:
    Yer, paid the price, 4 days off work, paltry 18 miles on Sunday and a slow cycle in and out of work today. Still chesty Nuff said1 :oops:

Good effort though! WIth my cold I managed a paltry 50 miles on Sunday with a similar average speed. I donlt think I could have gone much further so all credit for completing the ride. Might be worth not repeating the experiment though! :D

I am hoping mine has cleared enough by tomorrow to get on the local chaingang...