Got myself a new bike

wings988
wings988 Posts: 106
edited February 2009 in XC and Enduro
Got this in the sale today, 17.5% discount too. Looking forward to getting up the Chase tomorrow to try it out.

Trekfuelex8.jpg

Comments

• very nice
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    There's a bike in the way of the kitchen cupboards :(
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,695
    They are quite nice cupboards though.
  • that pipework could do with being boxed in, nice sink though
  • We have those cupboards I think. MFI ?
    Start Weight 18st 13lbs March 2009
    17st 10lbs August 2009
    17st 4lbs October 2009
    15st 12lbs December 2010

Final planned weight 12st 7lbs
  • -liam-
    -liam- Posts: 1,831
    Is that lino or laminate flooring ? Whichever, the join to the units is clearly the work of an expert.

Good flooring skills.
  • WHAT MODEL IS THAT, WHAT DID YOU PAY? LET US KNOW WHAT ITS LIKE MATE
    The New Guy
  • KonaMike
    KonaMike Posts: 805
    Very nice 8)
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Fairy liquid in the sink? Tea towel on the draining board?
  • The door chain is undone....anyone could walk in and do the washing up.
  • Shwingggg...Lovely bike :)

like the worktops too :)
  • wings988
    wings988 Posts: 106
    edited February 2009
    Thanks for all the positive comments. I boxed in the pipes down from the ceiling to the work top but left those awkward bits below exposed as they also have the bleed points, couldn't be arsed with the fiddle bits as I'm not suffering from OCD. The units are not from MFI, I got them from a local kitchen showroom but its all laminte tackle so similar to MFI, I can understand how you made that simple mistake. The floor is vinyl and does fit very nicely, not done by my fair hands. Talking of my fair hands, well its the fairly liquid that keeps them so nice and soft while doing the dishes. The sink is my favorite part of the kitchen, its black plastic but looks like granite if your half blind. :D

As for the bike, its a 2009 Trek Fuel EX8. It cost £1445 from Swinnerton Cycles in Stoke, me duck. Its much better than my GT Avalanche 3. I can't compare to anything else as thats all I've ridden. I'm certain its good enough for someone of limited ability like myself. Certainly allows much faster travelling on the rougher parts of cannock chase FtD trail, theres no bobbing of the rear shock even in soft mode and the forks glide over bumps, not like the Suntour XCM jolters on my GT. If you have cable breaks like my GT then hydraulic upgrade makes a huge difference, I'm hoping to go over the bars soon. :P
  • Rich9
    Rich9 Posts: 1,635
    the shadow made by your seat looks like those alien dog things on Red Dwarf :roll:

Sod the kitchen....thats a bloody nice bike by the way
    2014 Whyte T-129S
  • hugh_b
    hugh_b Posts: 93
    Lovely bike buddy, I currently have quite a nice trek hardtail but all my friends are now on full sus bikes, so i had to have a go and i must say they certainly inspire confidence and give a much more comfortable ride. So i visited my local bike shop today and had a sit on a few and i think I'm gonna go for the ex 7 09, spec seems good for the money.

I just won't want to get it dirty on that first ride!

Hugh