Kirroughtree

beatbox
beatbox Posts: 5
edited February 2009 in Routes
Hi, Do any of you guys ever been riding at Kirroughtree? hoping to go april sometime.Just wondered if you have any feedback to what the trails are like.
Thanks

Comments

• jmj
    jmj Posts: 100
    Kirroughtree is excellent. Done the red a few times over the last few years there. Great trail with good natural feel to it. The black's good too. McMoab is a good challenge if you're up for it. Easily skipped if you find it's past your comfort zone.

You don't say where you're travelling from, but if you're up for a few days check out Mabie and Ae too as they aren't too far away.
    Commencal Meta 55 Team custom build
    Giant Trance 06
  • dave_hill
    dave_hill Posts: 3,877
    beatbox wrote:
    Hi, Do any of you guys ever been riding at Kirroughtree? hoping to go april sometime.Just wondered if you have any feedback to what the trails are like.
    Thanks

It's absolutely excellent, IMHO there isn't one bad 7 Stanes site and they knock the Welsh trail centres into the weeds.

Kirroughtree in particular covers such a huge area that it's unlikely that you'll see anyone else even on a busy day.

(BTW it's pronounced Kee-roch-tre, not Kirrow-tree).
    Give a home to a retired Greyhound. Tia Greyhound Rescue
    Help for Heroes
    JayPic
  • sniper68
    sniper68 Posts: 2,910
    dave_hill wrote:
    beatbox wrote:
    Thanks
    (BTW it's pronounced Kee-roch-tre, not Kirrow-tree).

A Local in Newton Stewart told us it K'r-OW-tra.Everyone up there seem to pronounce it differently :lol:
  • dave_hill
    dave_hill Posts: 3,877
    ibbo68 wrote:
    A Local in Newton Stewart told us it K'r-OW-tra.Everyone up there seem to pronounce it differently :lol:

Apparently so! I got mine from someone in Gatehouse of Fleet!
    Give a home to a retired Greyhound. Tia Greyhound Rescue
    Help for Heroes
    JayPic
  • pdid
    pdid Posts: 1,065
    Best trail centre i`ve ridden, and also the toughest if you do red and black. Just seemed to go on forever (I was a little under the weather when I rode it).

The red is made up of really fast flowy singletrack, and the black ranges from moderately technical to extreamley technical, mostly rideable except McMoab which I tried but failed miserably. I was using spuds though. And that roll off is steeeeep.

Make sure you take some snacks to refuel half way round.

Can`t wait to do it again.
  • Thanks for the replys guys..cheers