Cannock Chase

DoctorBobrick
DoctorBobrick Posts: 122
edited February 2009 in Routes
Hi, can someone give me some directions to the Downhills at Cannock Chase (we're driving out from Sheffield)

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    Here you go Stile Cop

Kinda muddy at the mo' but have fun.
  • Thanks a lot!

I ride at Wharny so I'm kinda used to the mud :lol:
  • I want to go back to Cannock :( Have fun matey.
  • mate i'll be there saturday morning!! i go up there alot, but i live in sunny brum so its nice and convenient. ask the chaps at swinnerton about the new trails there building, you can take it as its own loop or do a figure of 8 and combine it with follow the dog. lots of black runs and it takes in the monkey trail too, then there going to sort out the braking bumps on the dog. but take blitz advice and slap on your crud catchers!! i'll be on a pace 305, so come and say hello!

rob
  • bobbyfett wrote:
    ...ask the chaps at swinnerton about the new trails there building, you can take it as its own loop or do a figure of 8 and combine it with follow the dog.

I thought all the phase two stuff was a long way from being open yet tho.....apart from the monkey of course. :?
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    BoingBoing wrote:
    I thought all the phase two stuff was a long way from being open yet tho.....apart from the monkey of course. :?
    It's not officially open but some sections are in place. As said above, it's possible to link up parts in the SEA with FtD and Stile Cop and then crawl home along the green trails.
  • kangaroo
    kangaroo Posts: 1,199
    the phase II trails that are already built, are out of bounds and are not aloud to be ridden on, trails have to bed in and such,
    so please do not ride them
    what are brakes for again
  • Heading to Cannock now myself on Saturday to do FTD - whats the condition like at the moment ?!
  • hoochylala wrote:
    Heading to Cannock now myself on Saturday to do FTD - whats the condition like at the moment ?!

Wet and puddly.

FTD itself will be in a ridable condition, just expect to get wet on the way round, bear in mind though that some sections are closed for maintenence at the moment.

The off piste stuff ranges from gloopy to a muddy slog to un-ridable in places.
  • Arr, thanks for that boing, I didn't realise about sections closed, suppose I should of read the chase website! Maybe give it a miss this week then