New forest any good?

holman210
holman210 Posts: 108
edited February 2009 in MTB rides
Hi

Me and my friends want to go for a weekend away and were looking at The New Forest but was concerned that it was very family focused and not really the place to go for good trails. We will be riding hardtails so we just want a good run mainly off road but not down hill extreme lol

Is the new forest any good? is so where because its quite big!

Thanks!
Felt Virtue 4 - Fox RP23 PD - FSA Carbon Pro handle bars - SLX Brakes 180/160mm rotors - DT Swiss XMC130 - SLX rear mech and shifters - Titanium bolts - Mavic Crossrides 09 - Thomson stem - Hope SS Bottom bracket - SLX crankset

Comments

• Goneaway4836
    Goneaway4836 Posts: 25
    edited February 2021
  • Its always full of lethal jack russel dogs that bite my tyres when I go
  • There are many miles of non-family trails if you know where to look! Contact my club...NewForce...New Forest Off Road Cyclists....regular weekend rides that avoid the dreaded gravel trails! Might be a bit soggy though!! :D:D:D
  • Whytepeak
    Whytepeak Posts: 2,616
    Blackadder wrote:
    Its always full of lethal jack russel dogs that bite my tyres when I go

The trails are good for beginners, although some obviously have their riding dialed, eh Blackadder :?:
    Now that we are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak and not to please ourselves. ROMANS 15:1
  • Are you questioning my riding style whitey - you moron
    lets take this outside
  • ^ fight fight fight, lol
  • Cunobelin
    Cunobelin Posts: 11,792
    yes
    <b><i>He that buys land buys many stones.
    He that buys flesh buys many bones.
    He that buys eggs buys many shells,
    But he that buys good beer buys nothing else.</b></i>
    (Unattributed Trad.)
  • i bet i could have him any day lol

lets have a ride off! :P
  • Whytepeak
    Whytepeak Posts: 2,616
    I don't think it's nice, you lollin'. You see my bike don't like people lollin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughing at him. Now if you apologise, like I know you're going to, i might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

http://www.artgallery.nsw.gov.au/artmai ... re-600.jpg
    Now that we are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak and not to please ourselves. ROMANS 15:1
  • are you all right in the mind whytepeak??...