RP Training Group Ride: Sat 7th / Sun 8th

Rich-Ti
Rich-Ti Posts: 1,831
I'm determined to keep up the momentum on this! :twisted:

Right, there were plans to do a bit of an 'RPCC' run out at this weekend's Hillingdon 4th Cat race. That's now looking unlikely, much as I'd still love to race...

I'm really keen to get out this weekend if I can, although it has to be said the prospect of ice is a worry. If anyone is up for a slightly later start in the hope that it'll allow for some thawing out of any ice we might encounter then I'm certainly open to suggestion - racing this weekend was my only plan and I'm not sure that's going to happen now so I'm game for Sat and Sun. I'd also like to do some decent mileage! :D 8)

So let's keep an eye on this and see what happens - I won't get a poll running this week as I've got a feeling it might be a bit hit and miss, but I'm going to throw my hat in the ring with a preference of a slightly later start on Sunday, ice / snow permitting... :?

Comments

• Berns12
    Berns12 Posts: 198
    Does Conti make ice tires?

If so I am up for a ride like these guys:

http://www.nancarrow-webdesk.com/wareho ... 8281_t.jpg
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • felgen
    felgen Posts: 829
    Dunno yet..... 8)
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    2)Nelson Pista Singlespeed
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • The emu
    The emu Posts: 347
    I'm a negative unless weather dramatically improves.

The long grazed legged one
  • Myk-ee
    Myk-ee Posts: 276
    Yep, think I might skip it too.

Ice = Bad
    It's the vibe of the thing.
  • Rich-Ti
    Rollers for me this weekend - sorry chaps
  • Rich-Ti
    Anyone make it out at all? I got one slow lap of the park in the afternoon. Be a bit pre-occupied and scared of ice all weekend otherwise!
  • Rich-Ti
    Oh, and I'm not about next weekend - anyone else wanna drive the next thread?!
  • chrisw28
    chrisw28 Posts: 187
    Yeh, I managed to get out both days, a shorter ride on saturday than usual and just a quick 20 mile burst today.

Not a great weekend for riding I'm afraid. :(

I'll leave next weekends thread to someone more known amongst the RP training group. :oops:
  • [/quote] Anyone make it out at all?
    I did :P . I got cabin fever after abandoning after 35 seconds on Saturday. Went out with the Paragon sticking more to the main roads than usual. Not that icy apart from Box Hill where I set my slowest time yet - after having to walk the last 1/4 due to Torville and Dean like conditions.
    Rich - you not around for the last Imperial next Saturday?
  • Rich-Ti
    Rich - you not around for the last Imperial next Saturday?
    Afraid not mate - I'm go-karting for my best mate's 30th back down in Sussex! Riding down on Fri and riding back on Sun hopefully so should still get some decent miles in 8)

Really annoyed with myself for not doing more of the Imperial series, but with the amount of crashes that were occuring in the 4th Cat races I wasn't keen on the idea of dropping my shiny new toy! :roll: :? :lol:
  • Good luck with the hangover ride on Sunday :lol:
    I'll pass the buck on starting next week's thread as it's unlikely I'll be around unless I don't do Hillingdon.
  • Good luck with the hangover ride on Sunday :lol:
    I'll pass the buck on starting next week's thread as it's unlikely I'll be around unless I don't do Hillingdon.
  • Rich-Ti
    What no new thread guys??!!
  • Rich-Ti
    phips wrote:
    Rich-Ti wrote:
    What no new thread guys??!!

Aren't we hopeless without you to herd us? ;)

It's looking like a none starter this weekend. Weather, 'other things', etc etc.

Are you around?
    I'm riding back to Worthing tomorrow (weather / potential for snow permitting!) then riding back here Sun so I'm not around.

At some point I'll start up a thread for next weekend, but I know already that I'll only have a small window on the Saturday morning to ride as I have a friend coming to stay :roll:
  • felgen
    felgen Posts: 829
    God knows for me regarding availablility. I cant commit to a ride this weekend as all the family are here for grandfathers funeral on monday so it would be poor form to be out on the bike for a large portion of the time. As for being away on holiday from 17th February - apparently Cairns is full of mozzies and is humid as hell so I would struggle to ride any when I am there and just sit in an airconditioned house which is no fun. Currently bashing out a bale out plan of Southern California (which may just happen to involve wathing the final stage of the Tour of California and having a pop at Mount Palomar for some proper climbing. I have a feeling that Box Hill just wont be the same afterwards
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    2)Nelson Pista Singlespeed
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • chrisw28
    Anybody out tommorow (14th?). I'll be out if anyone wants to join, not sure how the hills are looking though so might have to take it slow and careful. :shock:
  • Rich-Ti
    I rode back to Worthing yesterday (106.5k @ 28kph ave which I was well pleased with!!) and the Surrey lanes & hills were all perfectly rideable. Pretty much everywhere was wet and the road 'litter' (by which I mean stones and general roadside crap) seemed much worse so I'd recommend against any delicate tyres. Also seem to be a lot more potholes developed that you need to keep an eye out for!

I just hope the weather holds for my return journey tomorrow!
  • chrisw28
    Thanks for the info Rich!
  • Rich-Ti
    Thread now posted for this coming weekend HERE!