Merseyside riders

Daniel23
Daniel23 Posts: 75
edited February 2009 in MTB rides
Is there Anybody from the merseyside area on here? Just bought my first decent MTB, looking for some good places to ride (none dangerous for now lol).

Anybody intrested ... Im from liverpool.
The New Guy

Comments

• t84
    t84 Posts: 119
    I'm in Wavertree area, I don't really know anywhere decent to go for a ride though.
  • I am just up the road from you mate.. are you a novice like myself?
    The New Guy
  • t84
    t84 Posts: 119
    Yep :>
  • omegas
    omegas Posts: 970
    For easy off road rides:

Cheshire Lines (Aintree to Southport)
    Liverpool Loop Line (Halewood to Aintree)
    Tranns Pennine Trail (217 miles) Southport to Hull
  • anyone fancy doing the transpenine 217 mile trail... any time beetween the 16th of feb and the 1st march?
    The New Guy
  • omegas
    omegas Posts: 970
    This mountain bike club is local to you and do organised beginners rides every Thur night and one of them is along the Trans Pennine most months.

http://www.thewoollybacks.co.uk/index.html
  • Hi Daniel, yep I'm local and ride the said routes every weekend but I'm a bit concerned.

You first post says "Just bought my first decent MTB" then you said "fancy doing the transpenine 217 mile trail" in just 2 weeks time.

I think your biting off more than you can chew a bit too early in your future riding career.

Take a look at The Woollybacks from just up the road at St Helens
    http://www.thewoollybacks.co.uk/index.html
    http://www.thewoollybacks.co.uk/forum2/default.asp
  • Dam you omegas :twisted:
  • I have just joined Thewoolybacks forum and I must say they seem a great bunch.. I am going on a ride on friday morning with one of there members.. in regards to joining there club.. You have to go on a newbie ride before you can actually join the club.. newbie rides are once per month, there is one this sunday that I was invited to but unfortunatelly I am working.. I will be going to the one on the 8th of march though and cant wait.. so yeah cant join for a month!! well gutted!

Johnmoore... I know what your saying mate.. I am defianately a novice mountain biker.. but to my knowladge the transpenine is all flat so you dont need skill as such?? just fitness? .. If somebody knew the route and was a decent person of course I would defianetly take up the challange as I am fit.. cheers John.

Daniel
    The New Guy
  • Daniel23 wrote:
    I am defianately a novice mountain biker.. but to my knowladge the transpenine is all flat so you dont need skill as such?? just fitness? .. If somebody knew the route and was a decent person of course I would defianetly take up the challange as I am fit.. cheers John.
    Daniel

It's not about skill or fitness, it's about miles on the saddle, lets get this over with....your bum wouldn't be up to it, first off ride a 50 mile day then try and ride for 20 miles the next day and you'll know what I mean, I doubt you'll even make it for 5 miles the next day without wincing in pain :oops:

If you fancy an early morning weekend blast along the Cheshire Lines, Formby, Ainsdale area send me (Kiwi) a PM via the Woollyback site.
  • Lol John... its funny you should say that mate, as I am sitting here my arse is killing me!!

I will PM you on woolys now mate.

Cheers, Daniel.
    The New Guy
  • John - There are 3 of us from Billinge interested in joing the merry bunch - emailed you guys yesterday.
    On One 456 Summer Season
    On One Inbred Single Speed
    Spesh Stumpy FSR Elite 08
    Spesh Rockhopper Disc 08
    Alpinestars Cro Mega 92