Riders In Surrey

CrazySmudge
CrazySmudge Posts: 137
edited July 2009 in MTB rides
Normally cycle/get very muddy at Swinley Forest but travelled further a field recently to Wales and Sherwood Pines.

Looking to join/create a group of mountain bikers in surrey, I am still learning but very keen this year to get out on my bike and find new areas.

If anybody knows of any club or group please let me know.

Thanks

Al

Comments

• Casbar
    Casbar Posts: 168
    Try www.diaryofamountainbiker.co.uk They ride around Epsom, Headley ,Boxhill and Ranmore are and also Leith , Holmsbury hill areas around Dorking, Westcot and Peaslake. Nice bunch of guys , all levels of skill and fitness. Check the forum for up coming rides
    exercise.png
  • You could also take a look at

www.tunnelhilltrolls.co.uk (there's a Super Tuesday intro ride tomorrow night if you want a ride in the snow :D - see weekly rides)

and

http://www.vcgodalming.co.uk/

and

http://www.bobmbc.com/

Added to the one above you would probably cover Swinley to Surrey Hills to North Hants.

Mike
  • I'm very new to the forum and live just west of Heathrow. I'd be glad to be part of any new club, if you don't mind an 'old slowie' :mrgreen:

I enjoy Swinley and Bagshot Common but would like to try any other places. Have car - can travel. :D
    AT MY AGE, I SHOULD KNOW BETTER !!!
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Haven't done any round here with guides or a group, but do Swinley a lot. I'm very addicted to the place at the moment, but I'm sure that will wear off eventually :D (I keep saying that but each week I end up finding yet another track by accident).

Tunnel Hill is almost on my doorstep. Not that well known I think but quite a lot of area considering it doesn't look it, and just off the top of the hill there's some good stuff. Is there much prepared track there? I found one once tucked away, purely by accident but it wasn't much. Haven't ventured onto the army land the other side of the road (when the red flags are not flying of course!!).

Leith Hill I want to try. I've got maps with the singletrack marked but I'm not sure I'd be able to find them. I hear they are quite good though.

Bagshot Common - hmm, have wondered if there's anything of worth around there. Seen it on the map and keep thinking on trying it out. Is it just common land or any decent trails?

Anyway, I'd join a club, but I'm always afraid my fitness isn't up to it. I can do downhill okay, but anything up I'd be dragging everyone behind probably :D. It's the same with skiing. Hate uphill. Thankfully with skiing they have ski lifts ;)
  • Surf-Matt
    Surf-Matt Posts: 5,952
    I grew up near Leith Hill and the North Downs in the very early days of MTBing. Loads of good riding around there.

Just watch out for fat ex bankers on £5k rigs trying to mock you. It's fun burning them off up any incline... :twisted: