SKS Mudguards Size??

PudseyPaul
PudseyPaul Posts: 59
edited February 2009 in Commuting chat
Hi

wondering if someone could tell me what size mudguard i might require for my bianchi carmeleonte alfine hybrid bike? wanting to order online, i know my tires are "Continental ULTRA SPORT 28x622", the width of the tire seems to be the requirement for the mudguards (full with stays).

Anyone have any ideas??

Comments

• blorg
    blorg Posts: 1,169
    Your tyre width is 28mm- if going for SKS Chromoplastics you can use the P35s (35mm width) which are billed as suitable for tyres 20-28mm wide.
  • nwallace
    nwallace Posts: 1,465
    ON the subject of SKS Mudguards, I've just fitted a front disc brake but want to retain the front mudguards. The mud guards are stayed to a lug at the hub end of the fork. Bending the stay round the brake doesn't seem to be an option though crating an inch long spacer looks like it might work. Anyone done similar?
    Do Nellyphants count?

Commuter: FCN 9
    Cheapo Roadie: FCN 5
    Off Road: FCN 11

+1 when I don't get round to shaving for x days
  • alfablue
    alfablue Posts: 8,497
    I used a p-clip further up the fork, above the brake mounting, just shorten the stays appropriately. Large sized rubber lined p-clips can be obtained from www.stagonset.co.uk - it was a neat and effective solution.
  • Yep, get the 35s. the thinnest for your tyre. I have a 28mm tyre too and the blumels p35s fit well.. they are easy enough to fit and adjust so as not to rub but are quite sleek too. I hate riding behind my girlfriend (no guards) in the wet but she never complains when I'm infront!
    FCN4: Langster Pro
    FCN8 Dawes Audax
    FCN13: Pompetamine dad and daughter bike

FCN5 Modded Dawes Hybrid R.I.P.
    FCN6 Fixed beater bike (on loan to brother in law)