anyone else thinking of doing this Eros Poli thing?

Hi,
I've been reading about this training camp with Eros Poli in provence for the etape, does anyone here know anything about it? I've never ridden in provence before or taken on anything as daunting as the ventoux.

I've read a little bit about Eros Poli and his epic ride over the ventoux and I was thinking that his experience (big guy struggling to get up the mountain) might be a little closer to mine than getting tips from a 'proper' climber.

Just wondered what other people thought, either way it looks like a fun way to spend a week, even if it doesn't make me any happier or faster in July!!

Comments

• I think it's being run by a company called La Fuga http://www.lafuga.cc. I noticed they had adverts/logos on the sportive guide in last weeks Cycling Weakly.

Funny I saw the Eros Poli interview in CW the week before and was thinking about how his ride in '94 would make a good feature for Procycling (see my thread in the Procycling Office). :lol:
  • wicked, cheers! Found it.

Had a look at their website, how cool is that?

Following car, four star hotel, what's not to like!!
  • It is a very nice website, I like the use of Google Earth (or at least I presume that's what it is) as a background. Like the way that when you go onto the L'Eroica tour for example there are photos linked to spots on the map. 8)
  • I was at the La Fuga seminar at the TCR show yesterday. They seem to have some cool granfondo trips planned for this year. I was looking at the Granfondo Sportful, has anyone ridden this event before?
  • funnily enough, I rode it a few years back when it was the Campagnolo. Cool event, I had a look at the La Fuga site that was mentioned, we did it on the cheap, but by the end I might have paid to ensure there was someone waiting for me at the finish with a cold beer!!